Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

I tried to google to get an answer but none forthcoming.

As I said. Up until now I have never used the red button.
When there is a choice of games, say for football, and I press the red button option to watch another live game,  I can not pause or rewind when I am watching a game through the red button, but I can pause and rewind when I am watching anything else including programmes I have recorded.  Is this correct?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What did you search for on Google?

IMG_8547.jpeg

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Chodley,

Sorry for not making myself clear.

I tried through google to get an answer to the question I asked just now.

When one has a choice of  say football games through the red button and you activate this choice by watching a game through the red button I find I can not pause or rewind on my Sky Q box when I am watching that particular game. However the pause and rewind option works for everything else. Is that correct?

Chodley

I am so sorry. I now see your answer and all is normal. You can not pause or rewind when you are watching say a live game of football through the red button option. 
I do my best but I find modern technology rather difficult at times.

Thanks again.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Chodley

I am so sorry. I now see your answer and all is normal. You can not pause or rewind when you are watching say a live game of football through the red button option. 
I do my best but I find modern technology rather difficult at times.

Thanks again.

hi @middlesex1993 

Unfortunately this may add to your confusion but, whilst this is generally true there are now some exceptions to this. 

Now there are a couple of permanent UHD Satellite channels which are listed in the EPG such as SKY Sports Main Event UHD & F1 UHD then the red button option may just divert you to one of these and, in these cases, they can be recorded / paused etc 

I watched live  the Bournemouth v Chelsea game and now  live Everton v Arsenal game.on Sky Sports Premier League channel.402.

The very annoying red UHD pop up came up each time after a break for adverts and the return to the live programme which is still a little annoying, but at least the red UHD pop up did not appear during the game.

Have other people had the same tbing today.

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

@middlesex1993 

That's interesting, i've just watched Everton v Arsenal and never got the pop up at all. 

As I said. I just got it after the adverts  during half time interval  but not during the game itself.

I just wonder what other people have experienced.

I hope it is just now not  me with this issue.

BetterRelieved did not have any UHD pop ups watching Everton v Arsenal game today.

I think I can live with the Ultra HD pop ups if it is just at the start of each half as it did not come back again during the rest of the game but I am wondering why it happened to me today and not BetterRelieved

@BetterRelieved wrote:

@middlesex1993 

That's interesting, i've just watched Everton v Arsenal and never got the pop up at all. 

Is your video output set to 2160p?

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

No I don't have an UHD tv

@BetterRelieved wrote:

No I don't have an UHD tv

Maybe they've changed it to only show the prompt if you can view it.

As I say I find modern technology so very difficult

To summarise.

I have an old smart television.

The situation has now greatly  improved from a week ago.

I  only now get the red UHD pop ups when I am watching a live football game.

For some reason which I do not understand, It does not happen when I am watching for instance live golf or live tennis.

Yesterday when I was watching live Everton v Arsenal  game the red UHD pop ups only happened at the start of each half or when thre had been a. break for adverts but thankfully,  unlike before,  the red UHD pop ups were not coming up during the game itself.

I really do not think it is my Sky Q box..

Neither do I

Chodley

Thank you. By the way I am told all smart televisions, even the old ones, can get UHD.

So am I the only one now having this issue. It would be interesting to hear from those who have a smart television 

Any ideas why this is happpening to me?

and only when  I am watching a live football game and only at the start of each half  and no where else. Surely  it can not be my television otherwise it would be happening all the time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion