Discussion topic: Error Code 2130 on Discovery + UHD

This message was authored by Eurosceptic This message was authored by: Eurosceptic

Error Code 2130 on Discovery + UHD

Hi

Trying watch tge Villa v Chelsea game on the Discovery app on Firestick. (Have access via Sky contract. Also have TNT Sporrs and UHD etc)

There are two stresms showing for this game, one of which is UHD. I have 4K enabled Firestick and Samsung QLED TV. 

The error message only displayed if I select the  UHD stream. Although I've never seen this error message b4, it may be this is first time I've selected UHD?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies

Eurosceptic
Topic Author
This message was authored by Eurosceptic This message was authored by: Eurosceptic

Re: Error Code 2130 on Discovery + UHD

Error code 21030

Sorry

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Hi @Eurosceptic,

This is a sky q forum so you probably won't get many replies, but have you tried clearing the cache of the Discovery+ application ?

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
Eurosceptic
Topic Author

Thanks. I'll try that.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eurosceptic wrote:

Hi

Trying watch tge Villa v Chelsea game on the Discovery app on Firestick. (Have access via Sky contract. Also have TNT Sporrs and UHD etc)

There are two stresms showing for this game, one of which is UHD. I have 4K enabled Firestick and Samsung QLED TV. 

The error message only displayed if I select the  UHD stream. Although I've never seen this error message b4, it may be this is first time I've selected UHD?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @Eurosceptic  is a this what you are getting on your Firetv Stick even when choosing a different UHD video

I've selected the Aston Villa v Chelsea match played yesterday via Discovery+ app on my Firetvstick after messing with the Display and Audio settings on the FireTvStick I can get it to work as it should.

17142985344249218848327713858963.jpg

1. Make sure your FireTv Stick is updated to the latest Fire OS

2. Display and Audio 

Display Automatic (up to 4k Ultra HD)

Match Original Frame Rate  (On)

Dynamic Range Settings (Disable HDR)

You should still get Dolby Atmos 

1714299516335118543019027368070.jpg

So disable HDR on your FireTv Stick and the video will play also got the Dolby Atmos bottom right corner.

Eurosceptic
Topic Author

Thanks. V helpful. Just curious why you need to disable HDR on the Firestick? 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Eurosceptic,

Could just be a limitation of the firestick,

I have a Fire TV cube and it works perfectly. Same on my Apple TV.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion