Discussion topic: Lost Sound on TV Sky Q Mini

This message was authored by 152bobby This message was authored by: 152bobby

Lost Sound on TV Sky Q Mini

Hi,

As my topic title suggests, I have lost Sound for no reason.

I have went through all the trouble shooting on the forum and I opted to reset the Sky Q Mini box.

However, when it tries to connect to the main Sky Q box downstairs it comes up with a blue screen which states There has been a problem activating your Sky Mini Box and then asks if this is the first time I've seen this error message and there's two options Yes or No, but it looks like my Sky Q remote will not work to pick one of these.  All the remote does is volume.

How do I proceed with setting up the mini box again if I cannot pick the yes or no ?

Not sure why all this has happened, as it's been working for years.  Once I past this option,and if it does not work, I'm going to use a new hdmi cable.  If that doesn't bring my sound back, I'll be into Sky Protect for a new mini box.

Thanks

Sky Q 2TB and three Sky Q Mini boxes installed on 27th March 2019.
Main TV is a LG OLED evo C2 65" 4k". Sky Wifi Booster. Sky Protect. BT Smart Hub 4 Router. Sky customer since 2000.

All Replies

152bobby
Topic Author

Re: Lost Sound on TV Sky Q Mini

I have managed to get my sky Q remote paired and working again, by finding a post on here and pressing 7 and 9 together and the pressing 1 and 3 together, however, I'm back to were I was before, everything works but just no sound at all.  I'm going to try another hdmi cable.

Main TV is a LG OLED evo C2 65" 4k". Sky Wifi Booster. Sky Protect. BT Smart Hub 4 Router. Sky customer since 2000.
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@152bobby wrote:

I have managed to get my sky Q remote paired and working again, by finding a post on here and pressing 7 and 9 together and the pressing 1 and 3 together, however, I'm back to were I was before, everything works but just no sound at all.  I'm going to try another hdmi cable.

hi @152bobby 

Please may I suggest that you try a power down restart of your TV.

Some people have found this can restore sound

152bobby
Topic Author

Thanks I also tried that.  I have just spent the last hour on the phone with Sky Protect, they were very helpful, but EVERYTHING they suggested, I had already tried.  So they are sending out a new Sky Q Mini Box.

152bobby
Topic Author

UPDATE:  I had one FINAL attempt and I switch EVERYTHING off and UNPLUGGED everything from the mains power and left it for 2 days (a bit OTT), anyway, once I plugged everything back in, all works as it should.

I could have (removed) not told Sky Protect and got a free Sky Q Mini Box, but that's just not my nature and I have cancelled it and told them that everything is working again.

Thanks for everyone's input and help.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion