Discussion topic: Multi room and additional boxes

This message was authored by GemmaT1984 This message was authored by: GemmaT1984

Multi room and additional boxes

Hey,

Silly question most probably, but we have Sky multi room and I'd like to add a box to my daughters room. Do I just need to purchase an additional mini Sky Q box?

We already have one of these in our room so there would be the main box downstairs and two mini Q's in the bedrooms.

thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Multi room and additional boxes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A multiroom subscription covers up to 4 mini boxes.

A point to note is that you cannot 'buy' Sky Q boxes - you pay an admin fee and they are lent to your for the duration of your subscription.

The maximum amount of concurrent mini boxes is 2 (some older main Q boxes only support 1).

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@PandJ2020 wrote:

A multiroom subscription covers up to 4 mini boxes.

A point to note is that you cannot 'buy' Sky Q boxes - you pay an admin fee and they are lent to your for the duration of your subscription.

The maximum amount of concurrent mini boxes is 2 (some older main Q boxes only support 1).

@GemmaT1984  the old 1TB non UHD box is the one that could only support 1 active mini

If you look in 

Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version 

If it is 32Cxxxx then it is the one that only supports 1 mini, if it is 32Bxxx then it supports 2 active

This message was authored by Donnathornsbury This message was authored by: Donnathornsbury

Could I get extra box downstairs 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Donnathornsbury wrote:

Could I get extra box downstairs 

@Donnathornsbury yes you can add a multiscreen box to your account You can have a maximum of 4 mini boxes loaned to you by Sky.

All 2TB boxes and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit watching on two mini boxes and the main box at 1 time. You may also be able to use a 3rd mini box at the same time if you’re using it for one of the apps such as Netflix.
The older 1TB non UHD box only allows you to watch on 1 mini box as well as the main box .

Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion