Discussion topic: My SkyQ box reported a hard disk failure

This message was authored by RomfordEast This message was authored by: RomfordEast

My SkyQ box reported a hard disk failure

My SkyQ main box has recently had a few problems with recordings, either incomplete or failed. Today I got a message about a problem with the hard disk. After reading the forums I entered the engineer menu and reset the hard drive. Since then is all I have is a glowing/fading Q on the front of the boz, it is in standby mode but will not activate with the button or the remote.

btw before trying this I did a hard reboot and have also tried it again after it reached its current state and stayed like that for 4 hours. I believe the hard drive is knackered which I think means a new box

Advice welcome.

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: My SkyQ box reported a hard disk failure

@RomfordEast 

Go through the guide below, if it still doesn't resolved it there's a like to replace the Sky Q box

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-hard-disk-error-messages

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RomfordEast 

For a doorstep hardware swap out, be sure to remove and retain the Viewing Card.

Also check the rear of the replacement box: if it has a multi pin port in an orange circle then you need to also take a separate power supply unit (external transformer) from the courier before they depart.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@TimmyBGood,

Not sure why sky don't put this on the article about replacement boxes.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
RomfordEast
Topic Author
This message was authored by RomfordEast This message was authored by: RomfordEast

I called up Sky support earlier, followed all the usual "have you rebooted it" type questions and now I have to wait for an engineer to turn up on 6th May. I know he's gonna just swap out the box, it's a ridiculous situation. She wouldn't give me the chance to just have a replacement box delivered. 

Any ideas how I can rectify this? I want a replacement box not wait a week for an engineer. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion