Discussion topic: My sky q won't connect to my tv

This message was authored by Sherryka This message was authored by: Sherryka

My sky q won't connect to my tv

My sky q box is coming on green, however it's not connecting to my TV. The TV is has no signal on the screen 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: My sky q won't connect to my tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sherryka wrote:

My sky q box is coming on green, however it's not connecting to my TV. The TV is has no signal on the screen 

Hi @Sherryka 

First you need to make sure that the TV set is switched to the correct HDMI input for the Q box.

Check that the HDMI lead from Q box to TV is fitted correctly and then use your TV remote (not your Q remote) to cycle through the Inputs to see if it can find the Q box.

This message was authored by jj123asd This message was authored by: jj123asd

I have exactly the same issue. When I disconnect the HDMI from one tv on which I can watch sky and then plug it into a different tv it displays "no signal". However when I search through the sources, the tv has identified my sky Q box but says "no signal". Any ideas what to try to resolve this?

This message was authored by Force0018 This message was authored by: Force0018

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Philips TV. I use the TV remote to cycle through the HDMI channels but that does nothing, always says 'No Signal' despite identifying the HDMO channel as Sky Q.

I have to repeatedly restart the TV until it finally finds the signal.

We had a Sky engineer over to sort a signal issue about 8 months ago and he told me that some Philips smart TV's have issues with identifying Sky Q signals on HDMI. I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion