Discussion topic: Netflix Basic on Sky Q

This message was authored by Robertp27 This message was authored by: Robertp27

Netflix Basic on Sky Q

I have read various threads on this subject but can't seem to find exactly the answer to the question I have.

i have upgraded to Sky Q and that includes the Netflix package with adverts. I already have the old Netflix Basics Package.

1. Can I log in using my current Netflix account and simply keep billing through Netflix 

2. What happens if I transfer billing to Sky? Does the price go up?

I would like to watch Netflix without adverts on Sky Q but not pay more than I am currently. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Netflix Basic on Sky Q

@Robertp27 wrote:

I have read various threads on this subject but can't seem to find exactly the answer to the question I have.

i have upgraded to Sky Q and that includes the Netflix package with adverts. I already have the old Netflix Basics Package.

1. Can I log in using my current Netflix account and simply keep billing through Netflix 

I would like to watch Netflix without adverts on Sky Q but not pay more than I am currently. 

Does your old Netflix Basics package have adverts? If it does then it's probably adviseable to simply log in to the Netflix app on your Q box with your existing Netflix account details. This will stop the billing direct with Netflix and you will get the same Netflix basics (with ads) package at no extra cost to what you are paying Sky. If you want to get it ad-free then you'll need to upgrade to the Netflix Standard package (HD with no ads) which will be charged extra on your Sky bill. The exact cost can vary but it may be still be cheaper than what you were paying Netflix directly for the basic service with ads. 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robertp27 wrote:

2. What happens if I transfer billing to Sky? Does the price go up?I would like to watch Netflix without adverts on Sky Q but not pay more than I am currently. 

Hi @Robertp27 

Netflix prices have changed.

Netflix Standard with Ads
Included with Sky Signature
High definition
Watch on 2 devices.

Boost to Netflix Standard (No Ads).
£10
High definition
Watch on 2 devices

Boost to Netflix Premium
£15
Ultra high definition
Watch on 4 devices

If you want to keep subscribing through Netflix then you will need to contact Sky and cancel your Sky Netlix.

I believe that if you log into Q Netflix with existing Netflix login details it will alert Netlix to transfer billing to Sky.  You will then only have Netflix with Ads on Sky Netflix

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Robertp27 wrote:

@Robertp27 Sky changed the way that you upgraded Netflux in December 23 it used to depend on what packages you had with Sky but now it is as follows 

Sky Ultimate Package includes
Netflix Standard with Ads in HD
Watch on 2 devices.
(list price cost £4)

upgrade Boost to Netflix Standard (No Ads). HD
Watch on 2 devices
(list price + an additional £6 thus £10 in total for Netflix)

upgrade Boost to Netflix Premium UHD (No Ads)
Watch on 4 devices
(list price + an additional £11 thus £15 in total for Netflix)

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Robertp27
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robertp27 This message was authored by: Robertp27

Thanks. My current basics package does not have adverts. However as i read it i can bill through Sky and still uograde for £6 (thr sky basic package being free)?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Robertp27 

Netflix Basic now only exists as ongoing legacy subscriptions: any change in the Netflix account, including migrating to billing through Sky, will move the subscription to Standard with Adverts.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Csikja This message was authored by: Csikja

Re: Netflix BasicI want to pay a bill, but it simply won't let me into my account on Sky Q

I want to pay a bill, but it simply won't let me into my account

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Netflix BasicI want to pay a bill, but it simply won't let me into my account on Sky Q

@Csikja wrote:

I want to pay a bill, but it simply won't let me into my account

You shouldn't need to make a manual payment. Sky require you to have a direct debit or automated monthly card payment set up.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion