Discussion topic: Replaced and returned sky q box but replacement remote is not a touch remote?

This message was authored by robn900482r This message was authored by: robn900482r

Replaced and returned sky q box but replacement remote is not a touch remote?

Sky Q box stopped working so I boxed it up with the leads and touch remote as instructed. Now I'm unboxing the replacement and the remote they have provided is not a touch remote. I feel like I have been scammed and should have kept my original Bluetooth touch remote!

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Replaced and returned sky q box but replacement remote is not a touch remote?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@robn900482r 

Sky haven't produced the touch remote for a number of years. The remote you now have is the normal replacement. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Replaced and returned sky q box but replacement remote is not a touch remote?

@robn900482r wrote:

Sky Q box stopped working so I boxed it up with the leads and touch remote as instructed. Now I'm unboxing the replacement and the remote they have provided is not a touch remote. I feel like I have been scammed and should have kept my original Bluetooth touch remote!

Sorry @robn900482r that you have found this out the hard way - as @Daniel0210 says the Touch remotes have not been produced or issued for many years.

Too late now, I am afraid, you could have just sent the new remote back instead - if you really want a touch remote you might be able to find a 2nd hand one on ebay

(Personally I prefer the newer remotes)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@robn900482r wrote:

I feel like I have been scammed and should have kept my original Bluetooth touch remote!

The v1 touch remote (smooth surface) was only built for the original 'Q Silver' 2TB box in 2016.  The v2 (button disc) was shipped with the v2 (HDR) 2TB box in 2017-18.  Since the release of the 1TB UHD/HDR in late 2019 the default remote has been the front Voice button unit (which is Bluetooth because that's how voice control works)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion