Discussion topic: Costs for Sky stream

This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

Re: Costs for Sky stream

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Ed.B. wrote:

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Ed.B. wrote:

@Jillyb15 wrote:

Thanks all for your replies, I'm out of contract so it's up to me to get proactive and make a decision.  Torn between all the various options, including Now TV.

I'm always put off NowTV because they make you pay extra for HD and the interface is from the 1990s. 

I personally prefer NOW - it's much quicker to use and being a simple app means it's less cluttered than Entertainment OS. It's the quickest and easiest way to watch Sky content I find. Boost removes ads too, rather than you having to clumsily fast forward them like you do on a Stream puck. It's very easy to get a deal on it too. I pay £2.99pm for Entertainment and £2pm for Boost. If you're not fussed about UHD/Atmos then it's really very good. 

I care about the following thins in priority order

• Picture quality
  • Ability to 'watch from start'
  • Playlist, or better an actual hard disk
  • Price
  • Ad skipping

By the time I've added sports sub, netflix and boost, Now is more expensive than stream and seems to have less functionality

Sports in UHD with HDR is basically Sky's USP now, but it's the one thing I personally have no interest in. Hopefully you'll manage to get some sort of deal to re-contract with Stream. I got half price Entertainment/Netflix for 9 months on a 31 day contract when I first asked to cancel last year. They wouldn't do any other deals after that though, so I just got rid of it completely. 

I prefer the regular HD picture on stream to their UHD sports - it's just so saturated compared to other channels and I can't be arshed adjusting the tv all the time, or flicking between HDR mode and standard

I notice the £19 base price offer is back...

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Ed.B. you might want to look at the settings on your TV because the UHD picture quality is far superior to HD.. 

@Nigelb1972 wrote:

@Ed.B. you might want to look at the settings on your TV because the UHD picture quality is far superior to HD.. 

I can set the tv up for uhd, but then the hd channels don't look good. It's easier to ignore uhd and watch everything in the very acceptable hd

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion