Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Discovery plus error 400

I spoke to a very helpful person at Sky tonight and she informed me after talking to her colleague that discovery plus premium does not work on Sky stream or glass like it does on Q

This message was authored by POPPY57 This message was authored by: POPPY57

I wrote on week ago  or so about not getting Discovery +

Finally today it working after I spoke to a lovely man at sky 

Whoopee back to crime 

And Evil lives here 

Thank sky advisor 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@POPPY57  That's great news 😀

In case you feel like it there is a thread/page where you can express your thanks and if you know the advisers name it will be sent to their line management.  If you don't know their name it can sometimes be worked out using your Forum ID.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Send-Thanks-to-Sky/idb-p/sendthanks 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes, awesome news. Discovery plus premium is today working on stream

This message was authored by robinson2389 This message was authored by: robinson2389

Mines still not working! 

This message was authored by robinson2389 This message was authored by: robinson2389

I have tried the reset, I am still receiving the message to upgrade! It was working fine before I changed from Q to stream. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@robinson2389 Did you relink your discovery + with your new Sky streaming account when you switched over from Q to Stream? This is required as the Sky streaming account is different from the account that Sky Q would have been part of.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I done it once, whenever I go to the activation page now, it says 

We can't do that at the moment

We hope to have everything back to normal soon. Please try again later

This message was authored by Curr946. This message was authored by: Curr946.

I'm now having the same issue. Started yesterday, and still not working day. Tried all the steps such as switching my glass off and on from the wall, resetting apps etc. 

Any ideas how to fix, I'm having gold rush withdrawals 🤣

Ps the message I'm getting is 

"Something went wrong, let's try again"

----------------------------------
Sky Personal & Business Customer
This message was authored by Cleveleysbob This message was authored by: Cleveleysbob

@Curr946. 

Hi, in my personal experience,when you get on screen messages like yours, it means the provider (D+) is having problems with their service and there's not much you can do except contact them directly from their website and raise the issue.

I've had issues like this with All4, who are generally awful.

It's my belief that the old terrestrial channels (apart from BBC) have mainly old tech and they're simply not capable of maintaining a quality streaming service like Netflix, Apple, Disney etc.

I've had SkyGlass for over years now and most of my issues have been with All4, ITVX.

Discovery+ has been the only outlier and has constantly been a thorn on this service.

I did all the factory reset/reboot/resign in to all apps stuff sometime ago and it's been OK in the main since then.

I do still get days when moving from one app to another, the system just doesn't want to know and I have to unplug the Puck and reboot after which it works.

These problems only occur with the Puck, NOT with the SkyGlass TV, so I'm not convinced Sky have all, the solutions in place either.

This has been a frustrating episode that's for sure. I hope you get sorted.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Cleveleysbob wrote:

@Curr946. 

Hi, in my personal experience,when you get on screen messages like yours, it means the provider (D+) is having problems with their service and there's not much you can do except contact them directly from their website and raise the issue.

I've had issues like this with All4, who are generally awful.

It's my belief that the old terrestrial channels (apart from BBC) have mainly old tech and they're simply not capable of maintaining a quality streaming service like Netflix, Apple, Disney etc.

I've had SkyGlass for over years now and most of my issues have been with All4, ITVX.

Discovery+ has been the only outlier and has constantly been a thorn on this service.

I did all the factory reset/reboot/resign in to all apps stuff sometime ago and it's been OK in the main since then.

I do still get days when moving from one app to another, the system just doesn't want to know and I have to unplug the Puck and reboot after which it works.

One way to avoid this happening is to ensure you exit each app as per finish using it by pressing repeatedly pressing the back button. Once on an apps home page pressing the back button usually either exits the app or asks you if you want to exit. Some of the apps even have an exit button on their home page.

Since I've been doing this I've not seen any issues with the apps that require the puck reboot.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Cleveleysbob This message was authored by: Cleveleysbob

@MarkGoldsmith 

Hi Mark, thanks for that tip, I'll give it a try.

on holiday at moment, so will be in a few days time.👍

I contacted discovery, they told me to reset apps and try again, they haven't replied to my last email. 

I can sign into the app no problem, it's the sky activate page I'm having issues with. 

@Cleveleysbob wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

Hi Mark, thanks for that tip, I'll give it a try.

on holiday at moment, so will be in a few days time.👍

No problem - hope it helps. I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and have noticed a vast improvement. I don't believe I've had to reboot my puck since starting to do this.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Defferdog23 This message was authored by: Defferdog23

I have done everything you said and it still doesn't work 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion