Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Discovery plus not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1morgs It's a shame the reboot didn't work.  Try an App refresh when you turn in for the night so it can do the refresh overnight.  Seeing as Sky claim to know about the fault hopefully they will be working on a solution 🤞

You haven't mentioned if you have Glass or Stream.  If it's the latter and you are using the puck with a smart TV you could download the Discovery+ app and log in with your usual UN/PW.  It won't be ideal but might act as a stopgap whilst waiting for the issue to be resolved.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: discovery +

There are now a number of thread where posters are having issues trying to watch Discovery +.  One poster on another thread mentioned that they had phoned Sky who confirmed that it is a known issue that started earlier today.

1morgs
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1morgs This message was authored by: 1morgs

It's sky stream. Cannot download the discovery plus app on my lg tv. Already tried the app refresh/update 

Re: Discovery plus says no internet connection

@Old_gitThere are now a number of thread where posters are having issues trying to watch Discovery +.  One poster on another thread mentioned that they had phoned Sky who confirmed that it is a known issue that started earlier today.

Strangely my Discovery + is working fine and I just finished watching a programme so it seem to be a problem for some users and not others 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by EyeGlass This message was authored by: EyeGlass

Agreed, Discovery Plus is kapput. It has been for at least two days.

If allows me to select a profile and then hangs on some a private garbage screen.

@1morgs I have noticed a number of other threads appearing on the forum relating to issues watching Discovery + so it is fairly widespread.

I thought you might have been able to get the App on your TV as I have it on my Samsung but TBH I can't remember if I downloaded it or it was pre-installed.  

I suspect you will just need to wait for Sky/Discovery to resolve it.  Keep trying 🤞 and good luck.

1morgs
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1morgs This message was authored by: 1morgs

Than you to everyone for your input. I really don't think Sky should have rolled out the sky stream pucks with all the issues they've been having. Should have offered a discount because its been more like a trial than an actual service. Not happy with it. 

Re: Discovery plus on sky stream

@Dasco Unfortunately there appears to be an issue with Discovery + at the moment as there are a number of threads appearing on the forum where posters are having D+ issues.

A poster on another thread mentioned that they had phoned Sky this afternoon and they confirmed that it is a known issue.

Strangely it does not seem to be problem for everyone as I have been able to watch a programme on D+ earlier this evening 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Dezy This message was authored by: Dezy

Ahh so it's not just me with this issue then.  It either thinks I have no internet or just a blank screen.

Sky Stream, is annoying as I mainly watch Discovery+.   On the plus side with lots of people having the same issue, I guess it will get fixed.

This message was authored by Old_git This message was authored by: Old_git

Thanks  @Fothergill1 

Just have to wait for software update 025 I supose 🤔

Quite annoying really as I was b inge watching Gold Rush Whitewater.

I'll try leaving it unplugged overnight but from what @Fothergill1 said that may not help.

Perhaps we should all bombard the Sky help desk.  The more complaints they get the more they areikeky to fix  👍it.

Anything is worth a try @Old_git  😀

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Yeah that may or may not help, especially if the issue requires input from Discovery, which as we know from previous issues covered on this forum isn't exactly quick.

Fingers cross though it is resolved in the next few days though.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Old_gitThere are now a number of thread where posters are having issues trying to watch Discovery +.  One poster on another thread mentioned that they had phoned Sky who confirmed that it is a known issue that started earlier today.

Strangely my Discovery + is working fine and I just finished watching a programme so it seem to be a problem for some users and not others 🤷‍♂️

Interesting as my Discovery +  was working earlier and now isn't. I wonder if this is a thing that is gradually affecting more and more users as the day progresses. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion