Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Discovery plus says no internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkGoldsmith I hope it is not cascading through the stream subscribers.  I plan to finish watching the most recent episode of Gold Rush in a few minutes 🤞 I'm half way through it..

Undate - Still working (23:25hrs) but it was rather slow to respond. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Sors This message was authored by: Sors

I had the same problem with YouTube earlier today .I turned on discovery plus at about 11pm and I got a blank screen then it said not connected to the Internet 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Sors Generally a reboot of the system will get the internet reconnected (switching off at the plug socket for a couple of minutes and then switch it back on again).   But as per this and other threads there is currently an issue with Discovery + but still worth a reboot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Sors Generally a reboot of the system will get the internet reconnected (switching off at the plug socket for a couple of minutes and then switch it back on again).   But as per this and other threads there is currently an issue with Discovery + but still worth a reboot.

Indeed the reboot has fixed the YouTube issues for most people that have reported it on here, unfortunately discovery + seems to be a different issue

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by N-g-t-f-t-s This message was authored by: N-g-t-f-t-s

Re: Discovery plus not working

I've been using discovery + on my glass my son logged in on his puck and now there both blank or error no internet sign glad it's not just ours my son has logged in on his Xbox for now 

This message was authored by Phoenixfire69 This message was authored by: Phoenixfire69

I'm having the same issue with my discovery + on my sky glass. Tried everything reset my broadband, tv off for hours, app refresh, was working yesterday morning now this error 400. Discovery + works on my phone so nothing to do with my account, just my sky glass. Is there a way to clear cache on sky glass?

This message was authored by Rosie33 This message was authored by: Rosie33

My discovery plus isn't working either. Exactly the same thing. 

I've refreshed the apps and rebooted the puck but still not working. 

Please advise? 

This message was authored by Neil14245 This message was authored by: Neil14245

Not working for me since yesterday , saying Internet not connected , even though everything else is working , ive updated app see if that helps later.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

It's good to have a backup device while Sky fixes issues.... FireSticks are cheap and stable😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Old_git This message was authored by: Old_git

And from bitter experience Discovery help desk is useless.  They even asked ne to take a screenshot from an Android TV once.

Just have to wait for them to sort it out I suppose.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

If there's an issue in the Sky server side nothing being done to the Puck client side will fix the issue🤔

No internet connection is just to confirm the App has no connection to the internet ... not the Puck😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Old_git This message was authored by: Old_git

But the app runs on the pick OS.  Other apps BBC iPlayer, Sounds, 4oD etc a work fine therefore Puck IS  connected to Internet.  It's just this app which is not seeing it. 

Having said all that Sky must take some responsibility here.  It is their new release of software which caused the issue.  Discovery may be complicit by using the Stream API  bin an unauthorised manner but none of us are able to determine if this is the case here. 

This message was authored by MP6 This message was authored by: MP6

Two days ago it was working fine. Yesterday and today it isn't. Saying not connected to the Internet. Everything else is working on my sky glass and I also have a new puck. Tried rebooting and nothing has changed. 

This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

No issues watching discovery plus on my Apple TV. Sky Glass and Sky Stream appear to have regular issues with their apps that require regular reboots to fix.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Old_git wrote:

But the app runs on the pick OS.  Other apps BBC iPlayer, Sounds, 4oD etc a work fine therefore Puck IS  connected to Internet.  It's just this app which is not seeing it. 

Having said all that Sky must take some responsibility here.  It is their new release of software which caused the issue.  Discovery may be complicit by using the Stream API  bin an unauthorised manner but none of us are able to determine if this is the case here. 

Its possible its the new software release, however don't forgot the releases are rolled out in batches over several weeks. I received it nearly a week ago and have had no issues with Discovery + until yesterday so whilst its possible its related to the new software release it also could be a completely different issue.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion