Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Discovery plus says no internet connection

@Old_git an individual app can have issues while others are OK😉

It is the app that is reporting the app cannot access the internet .... that doesn't mean the puck does not have access to the internet🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Old_git wrote:

But the app runs on the pick OS.  Other apps BBC iPlayer, Sounds, 4oD etc a work fine therefore Puck IS  connected to Internet.  It's just this app which is not seeing it. 

Having said all that Sky must take some responsibility here.  It is their new release of software which caused the issue.  Discovery may be complicit by using the Stream API  bin an unauthorised manner but none of us are able to determine if this is the case here. 

Its possible its the new software release, however don't forgot the releases are rolled out in batches over several weeks. I received it nearly a week ago and have had no issues with Discovery + until yesterday so whilst its possible its related to the new software release it also could be a completely different issue.

@MarkGoldsmith It's difficult to know what is going on sometimes.  I was updated to QS024.008 on 4th December and then 10 days later was updated to QS024.012 (I was never rolled back). Some posters have only just been updated to QS24.012 and seem to be having issues with Discovery +.  My Discovery + is admittedly running a little slower than I would have expected but is otherwise working fine.  Being on the same build version I can't see why this should be the case 🤷‍♂️. Who knows but hopefully they will get it resolved soon for those having issues.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by grrrrrr1 This message was authored by: grrrrrr1

Re: Discovery plus not working

mine stopped yesterday 12 jan too

done refresh reboot of boxes and tv nothong works

effects  both tv boxes but can watch it logged in on ipad

2 hours on phone to sky

discovery no human to talk too

Re: discovery +

hi this is just prob on discovery all my other apps fine

looks like lots of us same issue from yeaterday save yourself hours doif reboots and refresh and disconnexcring doesn do a thing

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Sky need to fix their server side issue... there is nothing you can do?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Phoenixfire69 This message was authored by: Phoenixfire69

I did a factory reset on my sky glass and it worked but then once I turned the TV off its not working again so did the reset again now thats not working. Really frustrating not being able to watch D+ on my glass.

This message was authored by Alicem99 This message was authored by: Alicem99

Same thing has happened to me. Discovery + and YouTube both not working yesterday. Managed to get YouTube working again but it did sign me out of my account. Discovery plus still not working, just want to watch the football!! 

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

I wonder why so many are having issues? Clearly it's not everyone as mine appears to be working ok, are there others who aren't having issues?

This message was authored by Rushies This message was authored by: Rushies

Also having same issue and no one helping to resolve it

This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

@Floydianslip wrote:

I wonder why so many are having issues? Clearly it's not everyone as mine appears to be working ok, are there others who aren't having issues?

I highly doubt Sky have just the one data centre, and they most definitely will have more than one server. Maybe you're streams or apps are be managed by a different data centre/server. Could also be  down to something as simple as a software update.

This message was authored by ClarkH This message was authored by: ClarkH

Same issue on one of my sky stream pucks. Please fix this Sky

Stopped on the 12th January. All other apps on

This message was authored by MartyConfused This message was authored by: MartyConfused

Discovery Plus not working ERROR:400

Since yesterday 12th January Discovery Plus has not been working on any of my Sky Pucks. It takes a while to load but comes up with an error message thats says: "You are not connected to the internet. Please reconnecxt and try again. Error:400

I am definately connected to the internet as all other apps work OK. Regardles I went throught the procedure of resetting the sky router and the puck all to no avail.

I have since seen numerous reports from other users saying Discovery plus is not working on Sky Glass or Sky Stream. Does anybody know when or if Sky plan to fix this issue. I have tried contacting Sky but would have more luck using a  ouija board to contact the dead,.

This looks like a server issure at Sky to me which they need to fix and has nothing to do with the puck's we have in our home.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Discovery Plus not working ERROR:400

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MartyConfused  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, a new thread isn't required.

Sky are already aware and working with Disney+ to resolve the issues in this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion