Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Old_git This message was authored by: Old_git

Re: Discovery Plus not working ERROR:400

@MartyConfused

Sorry Saturday pedant here. 

Great idea merging all the threads together.

Are Sky working with Discovery or Disney?

Just to confirm Discovery + working on my Sony Android TV and Google Chromecast but not on either of our picks.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Discovery Plus not working ERROR:400

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Old_git wrote:

@MartyConfused

Sorry Saturday pedant here. 

Great idea merging all the threads together.

Are Sky working with Discovery or Disney?

Just to confirm Discovery + working on my Sony Android TV and Google Chromecast but not on either of our picks.

It would be Discovery ( i believe the mention os Disney in an early post was just a typo - if only the companies didn't have simiarish names, i've certainly accidentally typed the wrong one in before 😀 )

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Moe59 This message was authored by: Moe59

Re: Discovery plus not working

@1morgs wrote:

Discovery plus stopped working today

Yes it's saying error 400

This message was authored by Phoenixfire69 This message was authored by: Phoenixfire69

Would be nice for sky to even acknowledge this issue and I form us that they are working on it instead of stonewalling us. Not great customer service. I know D+ is included in some packages but we are still paying to have access to this app and it's  broken. #canwefixit

This message was authored by johnnyfish This message was authored by: johnnyfish

Watch it fine last night, today after rebooting several times,refreshing the app it still says I'm not connected to internet, but I am!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@johnnyfish Re the internet issue have a look at post 58 above posted by @Exiled-in-HH which explains it pretty well. 😀

Glass and Stream quite often claim to not be connected to the internet when everything else in the home is working perfectly.  A reboot of the system will on most occasions resolve the issue but it appears not to work with this current Discovery + problem.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Phoenixfire69 wrote:

Would be nice for sky to even acknowledge this issue and I form us that they are working on it instead of stonewalling us. Not great customer service. I know D+ is included in some packages but we are still paying to have access to this app and it's  broken. #canwefixit

Strictly speaking we aren't paying any extra to have Discovery Plus as its included in various the various TV Packs as a "free" extra. Its not like the price of these packages would go down if the partnership with Discovery + disappeared 😀.

I agree that Sky really could do incident management better and actually have ways of informing of known issues which is widely affecting customers. It can be tricky to target customers, however a lot of companies will just post on their Social Media channels about known issues but Sky don't even seem to do that.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Didn't Sky gain access to the Discovery+ app without charge as part of deal to continue carrying the broadcast channels?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by KingEric92 This message was authored by: KingEric92

I pay for discovery plus so I can watch TNT. The communication from sky is a joke. Was working fine first thing this morning and now nothing. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@KingEric92 In that case it is good idea to use a backup device, for when the puck has issues☹️

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by johnnyfish This message was authored by: johnnyfish

Odd thing is we have another puck in another room and that's fine with discovery+.

This message was authored by KingEric92 This message was authored by: KingEric92

Yeah I'm on my iPad. Not great though that I can't watch it on my TV (sky Glass)

This message was authored by Jojo2408 This message was authored by: Jojo2408

Glad I found this forum as I've been having the same issue for a couple of days. Tried refreshing apps, turning off etc and still Error 400 no internet (which there is internet as everything else is working find).   I had an issue with Discovery a couple of months ago in that I had to sign in every time i used it. I went back and forwards between sky and Discovery both saying the other one was to blame.  No one could help. Two months later, i fixed myself by re-setting to factory settings. Fixed the issue and I'm beginning to wonder if I need to do that again?!

This message was authored by KAZZ62 This message was authored by: KAZZ62

Discovery plus stopped working on sky stream

Discovery plus has stopped working on my sky stream the screen just goes blank when I try to go on app
This message was authored by Tommy660 This message was authored by: Tommy660

Same  error code 400 that happened 12th Jan . Tried all the reset  and nothing guess it's  Sky's issue to resolve.

Lets see how quick or slow they are at resolving so many customers issues ??

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion