Discussion topic: Eurosport Catch Up

This message was authored by nrexe This message was authored by: nrexe

Eurosport Catch Up

I have very recently swiched to Sky Stream and have found that my favourite motorbike racing ( World and British superbikes) can only be watched live not in catch up. This is just not practical for me especially when some of the events start at 0400 hours from areas like the far east etc.. Is there any way I can catch up these events? If there isn't and with Sky phasing out Sky Q next year it would appear that when my contract expires next year I will be forced to go back to Virgin Media with their recordable box.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Eurosport Catch Up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you add the broadcast to your playlist you will get usually get a cloud recording of the event available. Personally I've so far not found a sport covered by Sky Sports or Discovery that doesn't get cloud recorded.

However if a cloud recording is not available for whatever reason the catch up is available via Discovery +.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Eurosport catchup is all via the Discovery + app.
Sky offer this free to Sky customers.
Just look for the Discovery+ app in the Sky Stream app rail.

Look at the Sky help article; 
discovery+ on Sky Q, Glass and Stream | Sky Help | Sky.com

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
nrexe
Topic Author

Hi Mark, thanks for your response. I did try adding the event to the playlist, but all I got was a short highlights programme. I wanted to watch all of it. I also have an Apple 4k tv box and went to Dicovery+ and the same thing happened there. It appears to be  with Discovery and not Sky but the end result is I was not able to watck and with Sky stopping their Q box the Virgin recordable box would seem to the only option going forward.

nrexe
Topic Author

Thanks for the response. I have tried the Discovery app on Sky Stream app bar, the Sky playlist and on Apple 4K tv box, they all play live motorcycling events only, nothing is available on catch-up except a seriously reduced highlights programme. All the other items on Discovery+ (except Eurosport) are available on catch-up.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion