Discussion topic: I've got Sky Stream. Need help putting leads in the right place

This message was authored by Errol-George29 This message was authored by: Errol-George29

I've got Sky Stream. Need help putting leads in the right place

I need guidance on putting the correct leads in my new Sky stream box

All Replies

Errol-George29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Errol-George29 This message was authored by: Errol-George29

Re: I've got Sky Stream. Need help putting leads in the right place

I've placed various leads in the new Sky Stream box. However, I'm a little unsure where the aerial goes from the TV to the stream box

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

The aerial  stays in the back of the tv, not the puck

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is only 2 leads to connect (if you intend to connect the stream puck to the internet via WiFi).

1) is the power cable for the puck which connects the puck to an electrical socket.

2) is the hdmi cable which connects the puck to to it TV. 

Both of these cables are completely different shapes. An HDMI cable is the same shape both ends so you just need to find the HDMI socket on your Tv to plug it into.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Errol-George29 wrote:

However, I'm a little unsure where the aerial goes from the TV to the stream box

It doesn't, and Stream cannot output video signal over its aerial socket to a television set equipped with an analogue or digital tuner.

The aerial socket is for digital terrestrial television (DTTV) reception through the  Stream box in countries where this is required by national broadcasting regulation (in Italy, for example)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion