Discussion topic: No dialogue on Sky or Netflix channels

This message was authored by Seivadkram This message was authored by: Seivadkram

No dialogue on Sky or Netflix channels

Our Sky Stream ssound started playing up today

There is sound on Sky channels but no dialogue. BBC and ITV etc work fine. Netflix also not working.

Tried all of the sound options in settings. Refreshed apps. Reset our broadband and TV and puck.

But still no dialogue. Anyone know what else I can try?

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: No dialogue on Sky or Netflix channels

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Seivadkram , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Laura52 This message was authored by: Laura52

Unable to hear voices on sky channels or netflix

Until this weekend have had no issues with Sky channels or netflix on our sky stream puck, now suddenly unable to hear any voices on anything but can hear background noises and music and if tv on a program can hear that.  I was on a call with netflix yesterday who think it is related to the 5.1 dolby sound and our tv is quite old and if you turn it off on that you can watch netflix but unable to do so on any sky channels.  Is anyone else having the same issue? Its making me want to say puck it! and throw it!!

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Unable to hear voices on sky channels or netflix

Can't say I have that issue to be honest. Sounds very odd. Have you tried changing the HDMI lead and tried the various settings on the tv and stream box ? 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by BRUCEANDIVY This message was authored by: BRUCEANDIVY

I am having exactly the same problem. How do I fix this?

Seivadkram
Topic Author
This message was authored by Seivadkram This message was authored by: Seivadkram

Rang sky and they tried a few things that made no difference. Sent a new puck which arrived today and is working so far. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

This sounds like a weird one, would anyone be able to upload a video of the issue for us?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Holdski This message was authored by: Holdski

This is happening to me too, started randomly a few days ago.

i changed sound output on the puck but next time i turn it on its back to square one.

this service is ridiculous, so many bugs and annoyances

This message was authored by Daz+Jones This message was authored by: Daz+Jones

@Chloe-W22 This issue has been escalated by me to Sky Technical. I had a puck replacement but on updating to the latest firmware, the issue started again. 

Here's another https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream-Live/SKY-STREAM-New-software-build-QS021-005-00P-caused-ne... that includes the problems. 

Depending on the sound codec, the pucks are missing the centre channel of audio and sometimes the surround channels. Also, adjusting Audio Delay appears to be the culprit. 

Daz

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi folks,

Could you please confirm the make and model of your TVs for me?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Holdski This message was authored by: Holdski

Mine is LG B8 oled

This message was authored by Danded This message was authored by: Danded

This problem is happening with sky stream at the moment. It can happen when fast forwarding then playing again as well as when starting a programme. What can I do?? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion