Discussion topic: Picture issue - Judder Reduction

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Picture issue - Judder Reduction

@David164 

Most modern smart TV's will mention energy efficiency - it's nothing to worry about and won't affect judder/motion. If you turn energy efficient settings on then it usually means it dims the backlight a little, therefore using a tad less energy. But we're talking a couple of pennies worth a year. For best picture quality it's usually better to keep such settings off. 
What is the model number of your TV? 

David164
Topic Author
This message was authored by David164 This message was authored by: David164

Ah okay thanks

Model Number is : 50C645k

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Looking at the review of your model on AV forums, it does not pick out much other than turning off the motion setting.

But, it might be worth try swapping over your puck on hdmi port 1 and 2 depending on how you have your Sky puck connected, as they are slightly different.

It should not really make such a difference, but you never know.

It will be wise to power recycle the TV and puck after swapping over the hdmi.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
David164
Topic Author

Just done this. changed the ports over. I've tried changing from HDMI 2 to HDMI 3, see how this goes

If i power recycled the puck and tv wouldn't this reset everything back to default ? 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@David164 

Power cycling the TV and the puck won't wipe the settings back to default. You need to actively choose to factory reset them via the menus to do that. A regular power cycle is actively encouraged with Sky Stream as it seems to iron out many of the glitches which can happen, due to it being a server-based platform. 

Other than what you've already done it seems difficult to suggest much else. Your particular model is at the cheaper end of the spectrum, and whilst the reviews don't mention anything wrong with how it handles motion, it may be that your previous LG TV just handled it better and you need some time to adjust. 

It's worthwhile trying various sources - ie the built-in tuner, built-in apps and external sources like your Stream puck and any other streaming devices you have to see if they all exhibit the juddering you're experiencing. If this is the case then it may be worth contacting whoever you bought the TV from in case it's a faulty panel.  

David164
Topic Author

Will check this out thanks. Just so you know - Swapping the puck to a different port has reset my picture settings on the tv itself back to default ? Is it common to do this once you've changed the port ?

Yeah, I might have to discuss this further with TCL support and find out a solution i have contacted them previously last week and they recommended my Judder Reduction should be between 0-4 and the motion clarity should be off it didn't change anything really.

Had no issue with MOTION on my LG TV when we had that we changed because of another issue with picture graphics flickering and also because we wanted a bigger tv probably should have kept to LG really. 

@David164 wrote:

Will check this out thanks. Just so you know - Swapping the puck to a different port has reset my picture settings on the tv itself back to default ? Is it common to do this once you've changed the port ?

It won't have reset the picture settings - or it shouldn't have anyway. Each HDMI port will have its own settings which will be stored until you do a factory reset. The picture settings you changed on the original HDMI port you had the puck connected to will still be there if you swap the puck back to it, but the new port you have it in now will be at the default. 

TV's are like this so that you can tweak the settings for different devices you have attached to different HDMI ports because there's no one set of settings that works for everything. 

David164
Topic Author

Yeah that's what i meant the new port has different settings (likely default) to the old port it was in.  Makes sense what your saying though i haven't tried it but if i switch it back to the original port it should change back to my settings i had before like you said.

watching something now on i player and i am not noticing any juddering anymore after changing the port so think we might have cracked that problem but annoyingly now when i am watching a program the picture is fading in and out it starts light and then looks like it closes in and makes the image darker all of a sudden ? bizzare i know.

Riddiculous this once one issue is fixed another one occurs.

when i first has this new tv i had audio issues got that sorted then picture issues then the juddering now this. wish i never bothered changing tv's 

David164
Topic Author

Please would you be able to connect me with a sky employee so i can discuss this with them further via live chat cause i'm noticed the juddering issue again 😞 I would appreciate if someone can connect this chat to someone from sky for me to explain the situation to them. Thanks

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@David164 As requested I have escalated your post to the Community Messaging Team for an online chat.

The link below explains how the procedure works:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum (you will need to refresh your browser from time to time until you see the chat bubble). When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or the chat will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
David164
Topic Author

@Fothergill1  Thanks a lot for this. will keep an eye out for the chat bubble to appear 🙂

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @David164  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - We have spoken to @David164 over the past few days and have steps in place, however should the customer need to speak to the Community Messaging team again, please escalate their post to us 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
David164
Topic Author

Hi, Please can i be redirected back to the sky messaging team. Thanks 🙂

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@David164 
Have sent a further escalation request for you.

As you took part before;

Sky should be in touch with you soon about it.
Look out for a message from Sky on your email and Sky Community private messages.
Look out for the blue chat bubble within your Sky community.
More about an escalation here;
Escalating a post to a Sky expert | Sky Community

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion