Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by AnthonyPev1960 This message was authored by: AnthonyPev1960

Re: SKY STREAM - New software build QS021.005.00P caused new audio sync issue

Do Sky Customer Services actually read these threads? 

This message was authored by Pukkajim This message was authored by: Pukkajim

I have called and explained the issue to retentions and they've allowed me to cancel immediately. 

in all honesty the lady was amazing and it's instantly gone off and I'm now back to Apple TV 4K. (With no lip sync issues)

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All

This has been raised to Sky but unlikely we'll get any updates before Monday 8th April.

In the meantime have you tried different setting in the pucks sound settings menu?

*****Post marked as Answer for visibility only******

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@AnthonyPev1960 wrote:

Do Sky Customer Services actually read these threads? 

Sky do read these threads, so should be aware

They also have been made aware in our Superusers closed area, so hopefully for those having the issue may get some traction soon.

As  I have mentioned elsewhere on this community, I have tried a number of tests with TVs, sound kit combinations and puck settings tweaks last few days and am not seeing this problem with my Sky Stream pucks, so it seems to be a certain combination of kit,  not solely the puck itself.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Mr221 wrote:

@Paul+Dray  

we have had the same problem since the new update two nights ago sky stream can you sort it out never a problem before 

Not sure why I've been linked to this post. Maybe was just to get my attention to it as I was the one who started the earlier software update audio problem thread. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

My settings have been left on Passthrough which was what fixed the issue for me a while back on earlier software versions. It still seems to be ok although I did think it possibly looked a tiny bit out after the last update. Nothing like some people are experiencing. Though I haven't tried the other audio settings since settling on passthrough to my AV amp. 

BTW it would be helpful if everyone would say which version they have currently on their puck. Mine for example updated a few days ago to QS025.017.00P.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

I'm watching the Brighton v Arsenal game on Sports Main event, audio is Atmos, this isn't just lip sync problems, the sound is 10-12 seconds behind!! I've never had sync problems, the SO25 firmware needs rolled back to SO24, how could Sky get it this wrong!?

This message was authored by Mark2024 This message was authored by: Mark2024

Re: Lip sync problems with puck

Lip syncing has suddenly become unwatchable. 

surely sky will allow us to cancel our contracts if they can't deliver a basic part of the service agreement?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Mark2024 You would have to call Sky to discuss cancelling your contract.  If you are outside of the 31 days cooling off period you might be able to argue your case that the service is unfit for purpose.

With regards to the lip sync issue you could try different sound settings.  I have mine on Dolby Digital + and have not had any problems with the lip sync so that might be worth a try.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Tommy1959 This message was authored by: Tommy1959

Re: Sound keeps going out of sync

This has been happening every 20 -30 minutes on my sky puck. We have 2 and it's happening on both. 2 different tv's so it's not the tv that's at fault. Tried everything suggested by sky's automated diagnosis chat. 🤬

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Originally posted in the Sky+ forum.

I called up today and was instantly able to cancel and I was month 2 into a 28 month contract. 

18* month contract

This message was authored by Big+Al+43 This message was authored by: Big+Al+43

Re: Sky stream volume

I've  noticed this too. Also the sync on the sound seems slightly out. I have 3 devices and it happens on all of them.

seems fine on catchup, so wonder if there's an issue with the live signal?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Mark39 wrote:

Originally posted in the Sky+ forum.

What was?
A similar lip sync error.

Not sure it will be the same as  this one.
It looks not be a broadcast issue, more customer TV/audio setups and recent conflicts with Sky Stream software.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion