Discussion topic: SKY STREAM CHARGES

This message was authored by DESMOND2 This message was authored by: DESMOND2

SKY STREAM CHARGES

I am trying to switch from sky q to sky stream . does anyone know if it is compylsory to get the whole room package and ad skipping with it 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: SKY STREAM CHARGES

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DESMOND2  no it's not compulsory, you only need whole home if you are having more than one puck

a whole home subscription covers upto 6 pucks and 3 glass tvs on one account 

again ad skipping is not compulsory you can choose whether to have this or not 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
DESMOND2
Topic Author
This message was authored by DESMOND2 This message was authored by: DESMOND2

thank you for this . i called a sky to switch and the person whom i got told me the sky whole room and ad skipping was a compulsory element 

@DESMOND2  They clearly don't know their own products and processes 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

Perhaps if they had a published price list it may help, but thats too useful for the customer! I have been trying to get a price for stream when my current contract ends for Q and everytime I go on it sends me to Glass. If I try as a new customer, all I get is new customer prices which I have no chance of getting. 

@Roger17  as your an existing customer you need to call to get the information on pricing but note any offers given that are acceptable have to be taken on the spot has they won't be available next time you call 

you don't necessarily have to wait until your Q contract ends as any switch to glass/stream automatically cancels Q contract penalty free

Its one of the reasons I will leave sky when my contract ends, after 25 years I am fed up of the 18 monthly, phone Sky and try and get a deal. 

@Roger17  With glass/stream there is the option of rolling monthly subscription contracts, your don't have to commit to 18 months but the monthly subscription fee will be significantly higher for not doing so 

@SKY1992bf I realise that, after becoming totally disenchanted with Sky, I have already moved my Broadband and got a lot better deal with faster speeds (500mb to 70MB) and no incontract price rises and have found legal ways to get the content I want on Apple TV (I already have one for each TV), which is far superior to a Sky stream box (Newer processor and Dolby Vision).

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion