Discussion topic: Sky Stream now works with LG magic remote

This message was authored by Marcos+Gilson This message was authored by: Marcos+Gilson

Sky Stream now works with LG magic remote

Just heads up - the LG magic remote now works with sky stream. 

enter sky when programming the remote. - when manually adding it was either the 3rd or 4th option. 

All Replies

This message was authored by G+Champion This message was authored by: G+Champion

Re: Sky Stream now works with LG magic remote

I've an LG C1 and magic remote and I'm unable to make the remote control sky stream pucks?

Are you able to explain in more details please? 

This message was authored by James481 This message was authored by: James481

I have an LG CX and when setting up the universal control it seams to think it is a SKY Q box and there dose not seem to be a way to change it.

Any ideas as to how to get it to control a Puck?

This message was authored by Arthur7 This message was authored by: Arthur7

You can go into the LG remote settings for each input and change what it thinks it's talking to (there are 3 options for Sky: SkyQ, SKy, and one more which I can't remember what it's called) but none of them seem to work. 

The remote is successfully controlling my AppleTV but it won't work with Sky Stream. Anyone out there got this working? 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Arthur7 wrote:

You can go into the LG remote settings for each input and change what it thinks it's talking to (there are 3 options for Sky: SkyQ, SKy, and one more which I can't remember what it's called) but none of them seem to work. 

The remote is successfully controlling my AppleTV but it won't work with Sky Stream. Anyone out there got this working? 

My LG remote works fine in controlling Sky Stream. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

My LG controls stream fine. You have to go in to the section on the LG tv where you set up the remote, select sky not Sky Q. Think it's about the third option 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

I have set it to Sky and it still doesn't work. 

Do you know if it uses IR to send the commands and if so do you need to put the Stream puck into IR mode with the Sky remote first? 

I thought it used hdmi to send the commands but the power button on the magic remote is flashing when i press something which suggests (to me at least) it might be IR?

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

It's not as simple as setting to sky. You have to manually do it. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

What I've done is gone through the menu set up where you select set top box, sky, and then choose from 'SkySomething', 'SkyQ' and 'Sky'. Is that what you mean by do it manually? I've set Sky that way and it doesn't work for me. 

What's odd is that on the next step when you confirm the choice and it takes you to the page to test it it just skips through that part so I can't verify it's working. 

Follow this. 

1. Go to home hub on LG Tv 

2. highlight the box on the left side that has your sky stream in (HDMI)

3.  Press the three dots in the right hand corner 

4. press universal control settings 

5. select the HDMI input where you lr stream box is 

6. press manage settings at the bottom 

7, press delete settings 

8. press manage settings 

9. press start settings 

10. press select set top box 

11. when it says select a set top - don't press sky - press select all option. 
12. press search 

13. type in sky 

14. select Sky

15. it will then take you to a page called Universal control settings - after the third attempt it will work of pressing the up channel button 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

@Arthur7 Following the instructions from step 11 onwards. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Thanks @Jason+Golding. It's not clear to me why this will be different to simply picking Sky from the STB list but I'll give this a go. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Jason+Golding thanks for the useful guide which after some adaptation worked on my LG C9. Have you found a button to send the puck the home command rather than using the set top box standby button twice?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee Pressing the back button on the LG remote brings up the sky stream home menu for me 🙂 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Jason+Golding unfortunately the back button it doesnt seem to work on my older TVOS system but it is still a big step forward.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion