Discussion topic: Sky stream on vm BB

This message was authored by 75jim75 This message was authored by: 75jim75

Sky stream on vm BB

Morning, I am in the process of switching from vm to sky stream and sky broadband. My puck has arrived but my vm disconnection/sky bb instal isn't for over three weeks. Question is...can I use the the puck over vm broadband and would that mess with my sky broadband instal, if so is it easy to change the puck later to my new sky bb network? Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky stream on vm BB

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @75jim75 

Sky stream can be used with any broadband provider. You will just have to connect it to your new sky router when that arrives and your Sky Broadband goes live.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
75jim75
Topic Author
This message was authored by 75jim75 This message was authored by: 75jim75

Thank you very much

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky stream is designed to work with any broadband provider.

When your broadband service switches from

Virgin to Sky you would just need go into the pucks network settings, scroll to the reset button and it will then let you reset up its network connection to your new network.

Note if your virgin broadband stops before your Sky broadband is setup then you wouldn't be able to use the stream puck as it requires an internet connection.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@MarkGoldsmith @You don't need to enter the WiFi code for Virgin media broadband - press the option that says you are a Sky broadband customer and press the WPS button on the Virgin router. I have Virgin media BB and Sky stream 

all the 'i have sky broadband option' does on the sky stream box is activates WPS that will work with any ISP that has WPS on the router FYI

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion