Help
Help

Sky boxes
Your Sky Box is a gateway to a world of entertainment from Sky. From getting set up and getting the most from your equipment to resolving technical queries.
Regular Visitor
janiejay

"Ensure phone line is connected"

Oh sky.... I am once again having issues with your box office service. After months upon months of dispute regarding you charging me for movies that I hadn't ordered (a thread which had a large following of customers with a remarkably similar issue) I am now in a position whereby I CANNOT order any movies as apparently there is no phone line connected. Odd, as I can most defiantly hear a dial tone, and wonder of wonders, make AND receive calls. So, there is no problem with my phone line, ( a statement I am including as I am sure you will "suggest" I conduct line tests etc etc, all of which will prove the phone, connections, wires, and main bt box are fine) I have experienced nothing but problems and issues with your equipment, and customer service for a period of approximately 6 months, and am seriously considering cancelling the service that you "provide". As a consumer, I am within my rights to expect and receive a service that delivers what it promises. None of which you do, I have fought and fought to get you to retract movies off my account that YOU insisted I pay for even though I hadn't ordered them, repeatedly having your customer service staff insinuate that I was lying, and now yet more issues. I find you wanting in every respect and am at my limit with constant problematic "faults".
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: "Ensure phone line is connected"

Easy check first - does your Sky box report that the phone line is connected?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
janiejay

Hi, I have been into the service menu and double checked this, the box reports that the phone line is not connected.
Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi Janiejay,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with your Sky Box Office. 

Can I ask you to check the phone cable at the back of the box to make sure it is secure. 

Also is your box connected to broadband?

Kind regards.

Wakas
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
janiejay

Thanks for the reply.

The phoneline is indeed securely fixed to the back of the Sky box. There has been no movement of the equipment or cable routing alterations. Indeed the now inaccessible Box Office features worked fine the last time we accessed it.

The box is indeed connected to the internet with a stable connection wirelessly. I can further confirm this by the uninterrupted "on demand" service which is functioning fine.

The box is failing to recognise the phoneline is connected.

The phoneline functions perfectly also as we have had no disruption to our ability to make or receive calls.
Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi janiejay,

Your welcome and thanks for getting back to me.

Can I ask you to unplug the phone cable from the box and the socket. Reboot your Sky+ box and then reconnect the cable.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Wakas
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
janiejay

Cool. Just done that.

Now we have the Box Office unavailable, when browsing movies by start time.

And the same "check phone line connected" when attempting Box Office on demand.

About the 3rd time we've attempted the reboot/full power off/on and removal/insertion of connections.

Internet still functioning fine, hence the access to the forum. Phoneline still functioning fine.

The "upstairs" Multiroom Sky box also now had the same issue, total failure to register presence of phoneline connection.

Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi janiejay,

Thanks for trying this and getting back to us. 

Can I ask you to send me a private message. 

I need to get this escalated for you, to our escalations team as this may be an issue with your On Demand connector or box possibly. 

Kind regards.

Wakas
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
ClockWorkBruce

[ Edited ]

Hi - I am having EXACTLY the same problem as janiejay.

I called your customer services line as was told that this would require and enginners visit and that would cost me the princely sum of £65, which seemed mad to enable a function to allow me to purchase more services from Sky!

I have multiroom, the SkyBox tells me no telephone line connected when I try and purchase OnDemand from SkyStore. It has worked the past, the phone line works (I can make calls from it) I have changed the cable, connected the cale the other way around, restarted the box 3 times ....

How is the best way for me to progress this?

Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi ClockWorkBruce.

Thanks for contacting us through the community.

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problems as another customer, have you gone through the same process as they have with the removal of the cable from the box and socket. 

Regards 

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
ClockWorkBruce

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Yes I have tried removing the cable from the box and socket. I have tried a different cable, and have tried restarting the box with and without cable, but still no luck.

All help you can provide would be appreciated.
Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi ClockWorkBruce.

What you need to do for me is private message me so we can look into this further.

Regards 

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi ClockWorkBruce.

Thanks, what we will do is escalate this on your behalf and they will get in contact with you swiftly.

Regards 

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
ClockWorkBruce

OK - so bottom line, I have to get an engineer called out (at a cost to myself) to fix a problem that is preventing two different SkyBoxes from recognising a working phone line, because the SkyBoxes (14 months old) are both out of warrenty. The engineer visit charge will be so that I can purchase more content from Sky .... really?

This sounds a lot like money grabbing - come on Sky! :smileymad:

Regular Visitor
Raven+2011

I had the same problem. When the engineer showed up it turned out that one of the boxes, after about 6 months of working fine, was faulty, and that was why the message came up. Even though it was the box which was still under warranty, we still had to pay the full £ 65 for the engineer visit. Anybody know a service that is similar to Sky? Because I am running out of reasons not to cancel Sky.