Discussion topic: Multiroom not working on second Sky+ HD Box

This message was authored by Kenneth+Alan+Hunt This message was authored by: Kenneth+Alan+Hunt

Multiroom not working on second Sky+ HD Box

My second Sky + HD Box has stopped letting me view my subscribed channels. Does the viewing card need repairing?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Multiroom not working on second Sky+ HD Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenneth+Alan+Hunt  Potentially yes unless you are trying to re subscribe to a previous multi room subscription you had previously cancelled? In which case you won't be able to 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

It's worth trying but I doubt it's the cause. What's the error message?

Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kenneth+Alan+Hunt This message was authored by: Kenneth+Alan+Hunt

No. It's my existing multiroom subscription which I've not used for a while.

Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author

It's telling me I cannot access this channel. Go to Sky*** to upgrade my subscription.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Try performing a New Install,

If a viewing card does not get a signal from the satellite for a while the card is automatically unpaired from the box

See question Q21 in my Sky Plus F⋅A⋅Q

Additional help with your viewing card can be found here
Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author

@Annie+UK Thank you for that. I will try it tomorrow. I am changing the Wi-Fi Password on my router and I have to change to that password on all the connected devices which includes this Sky + Box, TV and Sky wi-fi adapter. So I will do those changes first.

Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author

@Annie+UK

Unfortunately the New Install didn't work. I will try the laborious Pairing again of the card or phone Sky to see if they can do it remotely as you suggest.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Kenneth+Alan+Hunt wrote:

@Annie+UK

Unfortunately the New Install didn't work. I will try the laborious Pairing again of the card or phone Sky to see if they can do it remotely as you suggest.

The Card may not need to be re-paired. It may simply need Sky to send a signal over the air to your Card to refresh the entitlements stored on it. That has been the solution for other similar issues.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Mark39 wrote:

@Kenneth+Alan+Hunt wrote:

@Annie+UK

The Card may not need to be re-paired. It may simply need Sky to send a signal over the air to your Card to refresh the entitlements stored on it. That has been the solution for other similar issues.

When I use our multiscreen box after being turned off for many months (it hardly ever gets used) I just perform a New Install and this refreshes the entitlements on the card

Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author

@Mark39 and @Annie+UK

I'm going to phone Sky after lunch, presuming they work on Saurdays and prepare myself for a "change to Sky Q will solve it"😏

Kenneth+Alan+Hunt
Topic Author

After a frustrating round the houses session with the  Chat Bot I finally got a phone number and go through straightaway. I explained the problem of my muliroom not working and after going away for a coule of minutes the rep came back to explain that the multiroom service had been deactivated and my monthly subscription reduced accordingly when my previous contract had been renewed. I had completely forgotten about that

Sorry for the trouble I put everyone to.

We then spent a couple of hours discussing a move to Sky Q and suffice it to say I agreed to a contract which would cost me an extra £13 a month but no equipment and installation costs at all. He then tried to persuade me to move from TalkTalk for my broadband and landline phone to Sky and  move from Vodafone for my mobile to Sky, both of which would save my monthly costs. I have five months to run on my TT contract and Sky would contribute upto £100 towards early termination costs. I said I would think about this. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion