Discussion topic: Sky refusing to send out an engineer to fix a dish issue

This message was authored by Beachgirl71 This message was authored by: Beachgirl71

Sky refusing to send out an engineer to fix a dish issue

Both of my sky+ hd boxes are suffering from a lack of satellite signal on some channels only,    or very pixellated signal, at first  i thought it was bad weather, but has started happening in normal conditions so I worked through the online steps and it said i would need an engineer out to me.  When i called sky they have said they are not sending engineers out to fix sky+ hd boxes anymore but i can upgrade to skyQ free of charge - which i do not want to do.  I tried  to tell  them its not the box but the dish, as its happening on both boxes, but they are standing firm that they will not send anyone out.  Has anyone got any suggestions other than cancelling sky,  which i am seriously considering at this point?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Sky refusing to send out an engineer to fix a dish issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beachgirl71  There is only one option and that is to employ the services of an independent contractor if you can't access the dish yourself 

sky plus is a legacy product which sky are withdrawing all support for including engineer visits unless you have sky protect insurance 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Beachgirl71  There is only one option and that is to employ the services of an independent contractor if you can't access the dish yourself 

sky plus is a legacy product which sky are withdrawing all support for including engineer visits unless you have sky protect insurance 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Beachgirl71 

You were correctly informed. Unless you already have Sky Protect cover from Domestic and General Insurance you'll need to arrange a local satellite company at your own expense. Of course if you upgrade to Sky Q the dish issue will be fixed as part of the upgrade. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion