Discussion topic: Continuous dial tone even when call connected

This message was authored by Iandavid This message was authored by: Iandavid

Continuous dial tone even when call connected

Approx 1 week ago noticed when making and receiving calls I have a continuous dial tone on the line. I can hear the call but it is very off putting. I think I am on Voip at least my local network is plugged into my sky router. I am an electrical engineer do done all the obvious stuff. No Joy any ideas?????

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Continuous dial tone even when call connected

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Iandavid , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Iandavid
Topic Author
This message was authored by Iandavid This message was authored by: Iandavid

Thankyou I contacted sky they were very helpful but the problem still persists . I reset my router as requested but all my WiFi boosters had to be re paired with the main router again which is perculiar. Still have the tone.on the line It's like a test tone. It disappears after about 10 seconds on the call. Sky have now escalated it to open reach although the line tests ok. My view is that the signal to noise ratio is close to limit causing interference. If it is then it is a line problem. But unsolvable since it meets code. I have fibre broadband but not true fibre it's from the cabinet in the road so with the old BT twisted pair to get me to it may be defective. When you try to squeeze more and more data through two small wires designed by the victorians this is what happens. The house was built late 80s so may even be aluminium instead of copper which is always a problem as the resistance characteristics are different.Anyway broadband speed is very high. Sky are trying to resolve and we're very helpful..sky glass had to be reprogrammed as well lost it's network and didn't reconnect automatically. Maybe the reset router that did it???

I may try replacing my broadband filter it's one that splits broadband and phone at the socket maybe the filter capacitors have gone or the voltage dependant resistors- I'm reluctant to touch it though because I still have good broadband!!!!

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion