Discussion topic: Landline phone advice

This message was authored by jane00 This message was authored by: jane00

Landline phone advice

I have a landline phone but had wanted it put into my hallway as my router leads aren't long enough to put router in hall. Is there anyway I could get round this?

I hate that I'm not able to plug into an old fashioned phone socket and find if internet went down there'd be no way of using landline. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Landline phone advice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jane00 you can buy extention phone cables from most hardware stores. The switch from delivering voice services away from over the old copper lines to via your router is being driven by Openreach who are planning to decommission the old copper network and replace it with full fibre. That will take years but stopping selling copper phone connections is one part of this switch.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
jane00
Topic Author

Thank you for replie. Would you know what type of cable I need in order to keep my landline phone in hallway?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jane00 can alternative might be to invest in a cordless DECT phone (they're reasonably inexpensive) which has a base station that plugs into the Hub, and a cord free handset that you can place where you want.

jane00
Topic Author

Would be the easiest option I guess but was still hoping to be able to use my old retro landline telephone.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion