Discussion topic: Phone line check

This message was authored by PB101 This message was authored by: PB101

Phone line check

I have a fault on our landline. The handset is displaying  'Check Phone Line' and I have no dialing tone.  Outgoing calls are not possible and I am not able to receiving incoming calls.  

The broadband is working fine (I do not have Internet Calls).  I have gone through the Sky Help pages and followed guidance but have not solved the problem.  Is there an option to test the line as I cannot find one?

This is the second time in two weeks that my phone line has gone down. Last time it took 6 days to repair it due to Easter weekend. I guess it is going to take another 5 or 6 days to correct the fault this time as it is another Bank Holiday weekend. 😞

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Phone line check

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PB101 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@PB101  If you follow through the instructions in the link below. If it brings no resolution and you are not able to contact Sky come back and let us know.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/fix-problems-with-your-phone/check-your-phone-line 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
PB101
Topic Author

@Highlinder Thanks, yes I went through all that before posting.  So am still no further forward and would really like someone at Sky to check out my phoneline and if found to be faulty, arrange a repair.

I did try calling them on my mobile but spent 20 minutes waiting for someone to become available to speak to me, before giving up.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@PB101 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
PB101
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome. Much appreciated.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat a fault was identified and an engineer booked to resolve

This message was authored by Gregl This message was authored by: Gregl

Hi sorry to hijack this thread - instead of starting my own I seem to be having the same issue. If someone can send me a chat request that would be great as I can't call in obviously! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Gregl wrote:

Hi sorry to hijack this thread - instead of starting my own I seem to be having the same issue. If someone can send me a chat request that would be great as I can't call in obviously! 

Try the line check first (link posted earlier), as if that detects a fault you may be offered the chance to book an engineer there and then.

I did that - and nothing. After a few very annoying calls some months back I disconnected the phone as I never use the damn thing. The main reason I went to use the phone was for years and years I have had a v v consistent 80 meg download (usually 77 or 78) but when I looked at the router the other week it was down to 62 Just back from holiday and is still the same today - I am guessing Sky either detected some errors and manually reduced my connection or there could be a fault? Before holliday the connection was really dodgy (just on of those things) and a error was detected and Sky offered an engineer but I was going away the next day. Don't seem to be offered an engineer now! Wondering if the 2 are connected....

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Gregl yes, may well be connected. I'll alert Sky to your post and a Community adviser may be able to help you via a private online chat tomorrow. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and an email or private message invitation. Just to let you know, there's likely to be a delay between Sky's responses once the chat is initiated, so go about your day and check back from time to time for an update. 

That's great really appreciate it!

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has been answered on a private chat

Hi there - I have been crazy busy recently. I am convinced the line isn't working - it always was but since I have tried a few handsets and there is no dialtone what so ever. The Internet is working fine, however. Could this be looked at again please/private conversation started? I can't call you guys as the phone is dead and I think it is expensive from the mobile! Many thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion