Discussion topic: Super fast upgrade now no telephone . Did not authorise to lose landline or number need restored

This message was authored by Carolannesmith This message was authored by: Carolannesmith

Super fast upgrade now no telephone . Did not authorise to lose landline or number need restored

I need my landline restored . It was disconnected when ultrafast was installed on Monday 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Super fast upgrade now no telephone . Did not authorise to lose landline or number need restored

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to plug your phone into the socket at the back of your broadband Hub. 

Carolannesmith
Topic Author
This message was authored by Carolannesmith This message was authored by: Carolannesmith

Re: Super fast upgrade now no telephone . Did not authorise to lose landline or number need restored

Thank you for reply I will try this tomorrow. Hours on the phone  on chat could not tell me this instead the number was lost and it could not be restored . Here is hoping . 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You might not have your old number I',m afraid. If you dial 17070 the recorded message will give you the number. 

Carolannesmith
Topic Author

I can cancel the upgrade and revert? 30 yr telephone number in existence I was assured no disruption by the installer . Old man relies on this number . Surely can be restored and resolved ? Crazy 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Carolannesmith wrote:

I can cancel the upgrade and revert? 

There's no way to revert a migration away from analogue telephony: that's in advance of PSTN switching off nationally at the end of next year.  ISPs just can't order wholesale analogue service any more: their ability to do so ceased in September 2023.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion