Discussion topic: digital phone

This message was authored by brian121246 This message was authored by: brian121246

digital phone

Recently subscribed to sky broadband. I have BT digital phones and they will not register with the hub. Have tried the WPS method several times but no connection. Do not have a facility for a hardwire connection.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: digital phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@brian121246 wrote:

Recently subscribed to sky broadband. I have BT digital phones and they will not register with the hub. Have tried the WPS method several times but no connection. Do not have a facility for a hardwire connection.

They won't they are not compatible with any other providers hub, you need to buy standard phones, dect phones will work

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@brian121246 wrote:

As @GD1 posted a BT digitial voice phone can only be used with BT equipment. The next best would be a standard wireless DECT phone, which has a base station which plugs into Sky's broadband Hub, and a cordless handset which communicates with it.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@brian121246 wrote:

I have BT digital phones and they will not register with the hub. Have tried the WPS method several times but no connection. 

Unfortunately BT chose to manufacture that hardware so it only functions where BT is the ISP and a Smart Hub 2 is in use as the internet router. 

It's worth remembering that it's just BT which has a century-long heritage as a handset maker: no other ISP produces such things.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion