Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
mzk
Occasional Visitor
mzk

Chromecast won't connect to wi-fi network

Do I have any chance of getting my Chromecast working with an old (2009) Sky Netgear router, or is it just time for a new one? It sees the network enough to spend 10 seconds or so trying to connect, but then it just says:

Sorry 'bout that...
We can't connect your Chromecast to your chosen Wi-Fi network "my network name".
Please double check the Wi-Fi network selected as well as the password specified.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
mzk
Occasional Visitor
mzk

Re: Chromecast won't connect to wi-fi network

I have it working. It just needed to be a lot closer to the router to make the initial connection. I ended up removing it from the TV and connecting it to a USB port on my laptop just for this phase of the setup.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Hairymuffin

Has anyone managed to get Chromecast connected through the Sky Hub?

Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Hi @mzk and @Hairymuffin, nice to see some new faces on the community.

Glad to see you were able to connect your Chromecast to your Sky Hub @mzk. @Hairymuffin, can you take the advice given by mzk and if this does not resolve the issue can you outline the difficulties you are having - does it connect to the Sky Hub at all?

Thanks,

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.