Discussion topic: Alan Smith commentator

This message was authored by Cymru888 This message was authored by: Cymru888

Alan Smith commentator

Ive really had enough of Alan Smith he has to be the worst commentator on television. He constantly states the obvious and has a clear dislike of certain team

All Replies

This message was authored by Emslie1 This message was authored by: Emslie1

Re: Alan Smith commentator

Absolutely agree- does anyone like him? 

This message was authored by DorsetJon This message was authored by: DorsetJon

@Cymru888  totally agree.I thought all pundits were supposed to be neutral,and most importantly,to be sat on the fence.

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

So much for commentators being 'neutral' 🙄

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DorsetJon wrote:

@Cymru888  totally agree.I thought all pundits were supposed to be neutral,and most importantly,to be sat on the fence.

Certainly not anymore. Have your heard the likes of Carragher and Gary Neville when they are commentating as well. Former players will never truely be netural as commentators, typically only the main commentator will be.

I think the broadcasters actually like this approach and for their co-commentators or pundits to say semi ridiculous quite bias things as it gets their clips trending on social media with lots of comments from rival fans. Apparently these days going via is an important thing for broadcasters for some reason.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion