Discussion topic: No vue in northern Ireland

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No vue in northern Ireland

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nolte wrote:

Unfortunately there are only 3 vue cinemas in all of  Ireland

Twice that number in Wales, but inevitably on the far side of a mountain range or two from anywhere in the middle...

Vue_Wales.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Chrisfromcrewe Difficult to know what sort of reply you expected really 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
Chrisfromcrewe
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrisfromcrewe This message was authored by: Chrisfromcrewe

I live in Coleraine which is 100 away from Newry. There are no available cinemas in Northern Ireland at all.  The 3 cinemas quoted are all in the Republic of Ireland. If Sky is unable to negotiate a deal with any cinema group to make this offer, one group has over 30 screens in this corner of the United Kingdom, then the REWARD should be described as a limited offer.  As it stands it is misleading.   The end.

Chrisfromcrewe
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrisfromcrewe This message was authored by: Chrisfromcrewe

Correction  100 MILES.

@Chrisfromcrewe You could gift the tickets to friends or family who live nearer to a Vue Cinema. 

Staying on Sky+HD
Chrisfromcrewe
Topic Author

Not a single opportunity in northern Ireland. In fact if you live anywhere but England the offer is a waste of time.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Chrisfromcrewe wrote:

I live in Coleraine which is 100 away from Newry. There are no available cinemas in Northern Ireland at all.  The 3 cinemas quoted are all in the Republic of Ireland. If Sky is unable to negotiate a deal with any cinema group to make this offer, one group has over 30 screens in this corner of the United Kingdom, then the REWARD should be described as a limited offer.  As it stands it is misleading.   The end.

It does state it is for Vue cinemas so the limitation is noted there.

Anyway, you could email viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

@Chrisfromcrewe wrote:

Not a single opportunity in northern Ireland. In fact if you live anywhere but England the offer is a waste of time.

@Chrisfromcrewe   Whilst I feel sorry for you that you can't make use of the offer I need to make a correction to your post. The offer is not only good for those who live in England. I live in Wales & used the offer last week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.

@oj01 wrote:

Maybe a decent explanation or some sympathy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Mr+Ripley 

The original question was "Why are there no Vue Cinemas in Northern Ireland" 

And the first answer was "Ask Vue"

I fail to see what other answers are applicable amongst a forum of Sky customers, unless the CEO of Vue Cinemas happens to be a Sky customer who frequents the forum. 

Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@oj01  wrote:

@Mr+Ripley 

I fail to see what other answers are applicable amongst a forum of Sky customers, unless the CEO of Vue Cinemas happens to be a Sky customer who frequents the forum. 

Exactly. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

For younger readers, a 'cinema' is a big building containing several rooms with screens smaller than yours at home, where you pay a whole lot of money to sit next to strangers who will complain if you eat a takeaway, vape, check your socials or have sex during the film.

I know, weird, right?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

My first cinema was a huge building with an equally huge screen, only the one mind you, & the venue had a downstairs & upstairs seating area. Those were the days.

@oj01 wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Mr+Ripley 

Along a similar theme, my partner works in an EE call centre & has to put up with questions on a daily basis that have absolutely nothing to do with EE. For example, only last week a customer called to complain that his Amazon parcel wouldn't be arriving until up to 10 pm & he didn't want to stay up that late waiting for it. He actually expected my partner to solve this issue. 

I think it's fair that the OP has posted on here though as long as they've also contacted Vue. After all, it is being touted as a Sky VIP offer rather than a Vue offer.

This message was authored by peter1uk This message was authored by: peter1uk

I am in England and my nearest VUE cinema is 120 mile round trip. Not much use to me either.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion