Discussion topic: No vue in northern Ireland

This message was authored by Dab2899 This message was authored by: Dab2899

Re: No vue in northern Ireland

Yes, it's quite a trend in NI and also with O2 Priority as it's a reality that many of their offers apply only to GB with the companies not operating in NI with the exception of a few like Greggs.

??
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dab2899 wrote:

Yes, it's quite a trend in NI and also with O2 Priority as it's a reality that many of their offers apply only to GB with the companies not operating in NI with the exception of a few like Greggs.

Yeah unfortunately I think this is a downside of the way these reward schemes work. These companies whether it's Sky or o2 or Vodafone or whoever have numerous commercial deals with different other companies, some of which operate UK wide and others which don't.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@RhondaMcK wrote:

It is Skys fault. They are the ones offering the offer!

So do you want Sky to build a cinema within 5 miles of each of their customers or something?

All Sky do is enter commercial deals with other companies, to offer a variety of rewards to their customers. Unfortunately every reward isn't going to be convinient for every customer, there are plenty of areas in the UK where people would have to travel many miles to get to a VUE cinema. 

It's not like this is the only reward offered to Sky cinema customers anyway as ALL customers can take advantage of the free paramount plus subscription.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Re: Vue tickets

@MarkGoldsmith  Why are you so determined to absolve Sky of any blame in this matter? Are you really saying that nobody from Sky involved in this offer & the advertising for it thought to mention that there aren't any Vue cinemas in N. Ireland? I've said it twice & I'll say it a third time, Sky IS partly to blame for this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith  Why are you so determined to absolve Sky of any blame in this matter? Are you really saying that nobody from Sky involved in this offer & the advertising for it thought to mention that there aren't any Vue cinemas in N. Ireland? I've said it twice & I'll say it a third time, Sky IS partly to blame for this.

To be honest i think its a really stupid and petty thing to complain about. Sky are a company that operate over the whole of the UK and tehy make commercial agreements with a variety of other companies for offers adn deal ( like a lot of other companies that offer reward schemes). Its not going to be possible for every award to be usable and suitable for every single customer across the UK.

Should i kick up a fuss that some of the tickets you can get in Sky VIP for shows & attractions , i can't apply for because the productions or attractions aren't running anywhere near me? I hardly think so as there will be other offers/rewards i can take advantage of that others subsequently can't.  

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

If you feel sufficiently aggrieved by this, and can be bothered (taking note of your previous posts) go ahead and complain to Sky if you want your voice to be heard by them. As you know this is primarily a Community of customers. I'm sure Sky will offer you an apology.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/hollywood-strikes-force-vue-cinema-chain-into-fresh-debt-restructurin...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daz7 This message was authored by: Daz7

Its good that Sky is offering 2 cinema tickets, but they should letting the customer choose which cinema they want to go to. We all haven't got Vue cinemas.  

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Daz7 wrote:

, but they should letting the customer choose which cinema they want to go to. 

Then they would have had to reach terms and concession rates with all the cinema operators (and there a lot of operators in the uk, some big, some small)

Vue have 92 cinemas and 879 screens (as per google). Per statista, vue having 20% of the uk market share is the third biggest in the uk (only odeon and cineworld have a larger market share at 21% and 23%)

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Daz7 wrote:

Its good that Sky is offering 2 cinema tickets, but they should letting the customer choose which cinema they want to go to. We all haven't got Vue cinemas.  

It's not just a case of Sky handing out free tickets. It's a joint venture between Sky and Vue. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Daz7 wrote:

but they should letting the customer choose which cinema they want to go to.   

Most cinemas couldn't afford to do that: from the link I posted above it's somewhat doubtful that Vue can either.  In any case, for Sky to do any such deal with independents and small chains would have a huge adminstrative , technical and consequent financial overhead.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Actually it is Sky's fault. If they were to give an offer for a free meal at a restaurant once a week and those restaurants were only in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, would you be so convinced of how fair this is??

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Then they should be contacting Omniplex, Cimeworld, Odeon or Movie House to arrange a deal here. 
(Preferably Omniplex 😃)

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Anonymous wrote:

Then they should be contacting Omniplex, Cimeworld, Odeon or Movie House to arrange a deal here. 
(Preferably Omniplex 😃)

and what if these companies wont do a deal maybe Sky tried that who knows 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Savageman12 This message was authored by: Savageman12

I live in Bangor and even I am disappointed in Vue not being available for Northern Irish customers. I think Sky should look into Northern Ireland alternatives. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion