Discussion topic: My bill has gone up why?

This message was authored by Eqrtttt This message was authored by: Eqrtttt

My bill has gone up why?

My bill has gone up and I want to know why?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: My bill has gone up why?

@Eqrtttt wrote:

My bill has gone up and I want to know why?

• I would rephrase that to sound a little more friendly, we are customers too!
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Eqrtttt
Topic Author
This message was authored by Eqrtttt This message was authored by: Eqrtttt

I have been a sky customer for 24 years and I do want to know why my bill has gone up with no warning!

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

• It is most likely that a minimum term discount has ended and you are now paying full list price, its time to call Sky and renegotiate another deal if you can.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eqrtttt 

Typically that's because you've come to the end of a period of promotional pricing and the product has reverted to its normal rate: as the contract for the service contains a reference to the  time period over which the initial pricing will apply, Sky don't provide additional notification.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Eqrtttt 

Typically that's because you've come to the end of a period of promotional pricing and the product has reverted to its normal rate: as the contract for the service contains a reference to the  time period over which the initial pricing will apply, Sky don't provide additional notification.

• Not sure if Ofcom will make it mandatory in the future as it is for Broadband?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Eqrtttt 

• Not sure if Ofcom will make it mandatory in the future as it is for Broadband?

@TechmanagerMal  think it's already mandatory but as has been reported in the media  Sky are in dispute with ofcom of over this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SKY1992bf @TechmanagerMal 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/open-cases/cw_01254 

"GC C1.10 states that Regulated Providers must send an End-of-Contract Notification to a Subscriber...

Ofcom considers that, as a provider of pay-TV services transmitted by means of satellite distribution network, Sky provides an electronic communications service and, as such, is a Regulated Provider within the meaning of GC C1.10 and is required to comply with that condition in respect of its pay-TV services.

Sky does not consider that its standalone pay-TV services fall within the definition of an electronic communications service and maintains it is not required to comply with GC 1.10 for such services."

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion