Discussion topic: TV Price increasing at end of contract

This message was authored by macj2461 This message was authored by: macj2461

TV Price increasing at end of contract

Hi,

I have Sky Q (Entertainment & On Demand), Multiroom, Netflix & Sports.

I signed up to various 18 month offers in 2019 and was paying £59 per month, which increased to £64 this month with the annual increases.

I have just received a letter advising my bill will now go up to £81 per month, as the offers have expired.

I cannot find anywhere on the website/app where I can get any new offers at a similar price to what I was previously paying and also cannot locate any phone numbers to call Sky.

I have checked the website for new customers the same package is £67 per month - surely they could match that for a customer of 20 years?

Could anyone advise of the best number to ring Sky to discuss this with someone.

Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR Answer

Re: TV Price increasing at end of contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@macj2461 wrote:

Hi,

I signed up to various 18 month offers in 2019 and was paying £59 per month, which increased to £64 this month with the annual increases.

I have just received a letter advising my bill will now go up to £81 per month, as the offers have expired.

I cannot find anywhere on the website/app where I can get any new offers at a similar price to what I was previously paying and also cannot locate any phone numbers to call Sky.

I have checked the website for new customers the same package is £67 per month - surely they could match that for a customer of 20 years?

Could anyone advise of the best number to ring Sky to discuss this with someone.

Thanks.

Try here 

A telephone number for Sky can be found at the bottom of this page - just hit the 'Need more help?' drop down box.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by brianholt This message was authored by: brianholt

@macj2461 either 150 on a sky phone or under need more help section here https://www.sky.com/help/home

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like you I am a fellow customer trying to help so please provide as much info as possible
Sky Q : Sky Gigafast : Sky Talk Anytime : Panasonic JZ2000 OLED
This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR Answer

@macj2461 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Try here 

A telephone number for Sky can be found at the bottom of this page - just hit the 'Need more help?' drop down box.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
macj2461
Topic Author
This message was authored by macj2461 This message was authored by: macj2461

Just phoned on 0333/759/2353 (open from 8.45).

After the usual painful yes/no repeating answers eventually got through to a human (note call centre now in India, no longer in Scotland).

He agreed to recontract at £61 per month, so only £2 more than previous price and £3 less than current price after this years annual increases.

A good result (awaiting confirmation/updated bill).

Thanks to both guys who replied with the number.👍

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

•  (note call centre now in India, no longer in Scotland).

I believe the call center is still split between India and Scotland. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Raithe This message was authored by: Raithe

Same here! just checked my bill and used to pay £53 /month for "TV package" and £30/month for "broadband" package. I'm aware that there was a an increase in the Broadband package as notified by sky and also the std price increase but my "TV package" has now gone up to £89.02/month!  Not aware of any notification of this,my contract expires in July 2021 so can't understand how they can bump the charges up so much.

I'd be interested if you had any succcess in your query with Sky.

Many Thanks

This message was authored by Raithe This message was authored by: Raithe

Just saw one of your responses that had the phone number on it, i'll give that a go!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Raithe wrote:

Not aware of any notification of this,my contract expires in July 2021 so can't understand how they can bump the charges up so much.

When you took out the contract and this discount was added you would have been told how long the minimum term on it was for so unless you come to an agreement with Sky for another one you would be paying the standard price for your package.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Meander57 This message was authored by: Meander57

Mine is going up by £32 a month. 

This can't be right 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Meander57 

the same thing applies to you, your minimum term discount or offer has expired and your paying full price you will need to contact Sky and see if you can negotiate a new minimum term for a lower price 

you would have been informed when you signed up when your discount would have expired 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by brianholt This message was authored by: brianholt

@Meander57 hard for anyone to know but not uncommon to see significant increases if reverting to standard pricing. Call sky to see if you can negotiate a new deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like you I am a fellow customer trying to help so please provide as much info as possible
Sky Q : Sky Gigafast : Sky Talk Anytime : Panasonic JZ2000 OLED
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Meander57  If your discounted term has ended then yes it is right, when you agreed to the contract and any discounts you would have been advised that at the end of the term you would revert to standard prices.

It is up to you to renegotiate a new deal.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Meander57 wrote:

This can't be right 

Why not? At the end of your discount period you revert to paying list price which could certainly mean an increase of that size, depending on what services you have with Sky. The answer is to speak to Sky about a new discount offer.

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Mark39 wrote:

@Meander57 wrote:

This can't be right 

Why not? At the end of your discount period you revert to paying list price which could certainly mean an increase of that size, depending on what services you have with Sky. The answer is to speak to Sky about a new discount offer.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion