Discussion topic: Apple store - failed to connect

This message was authored by Bohopixie This message was authored by: Bohopixie

Apple store - failed to connect

I keep getting this issue. But only when connected to the Sky router, my phone works fine on 4G.

Anyone else having issues?  It my phone and does same on my girlfriends. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Apple store - failed to connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bohopixie 

Sounds like the broadband shield but i am not sure what category is blocking .

Go to my sky app, broadband, broadband and talk, broadband shield and disable to see if that works. Then add as exception in custom settings

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

I am having trouble connecting to the Apple TV app and the App Store on my iPad and iPhone.  They are taking ages to load.  Had trouble a couple of days ago getting into the Apple Store.  Wondering if it could be an IOS 15 bug.  Thought it might be a problem with my wi fi but all other apps, e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are working fine as is streaming from my Sky box.

Bohopixie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bohopixie This message was authored by: Bohopixie

I switched broadband shield on and off and initially it seems to be working. I have also had issues as above with connection to Apple TV app as well. 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@Bohopixie @Thank you for getting back.  I thought it was just me having trouble with Apple TV app. My router had a firmware update a few days ago and this might have something to do with my problem with Apple apps.  Very strange, because all other apps are working fine.  I will also have a look at the Broadband Shield.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bohopixie 

@jewers 

From Apple themselves :-

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201400

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion