Discussion topic: Box crashes when connected to BB

This message was authored by SuperPie This message was authored by: SuperPie

Box crashes when connected to BB

I posted this on another thred but might be better as its own discussion, my Sky Q box has been working fine on a networked powerline setup for at least 2 years. Then as a Christmas day gift my sky box stopped working, TV screen went blank, the Q box was still on but did not respond. Had to remove the power and restart the box, then after about 2miniutes the box crashed again repeated the same process. After doing this a few times, I removed the network cable. The box did not crash and could access the TV guide but no internet, changed network cable, same problem box crashed, switchved to Wifi and removed the network cable. After a few minutes the same problem, tried with a network cable direct from my BT Smart hub same problem. Every other devices in the house xbox's, phone, compter, tablets all are working fine on the BB. Used the same a cable direct into the back of my Smart TV, all woring fine Netflix etc. The Q box get an IP address but then just crashs in less then 2 minutes, Any ideals anyone?

Best Answers
SuperPie
Topic Author
This message was authored by SuperPie This message was authored by: SuperPie Answer

Re: Box crashes when connected to BB

@Lisa-P1987  thnaks for your help, I have jsut spoken to the sky team and over the phone and they are sending me out another box as it was still crashing after doing the reset etc on wifi as well as wired.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @SuperPie, can you try the following: 

On the Remote, press Home. 

Scroll down to Settings, then 0,0,1 and select. 

Scroll down to Reset, press Select. 

Then press select on Reset Settings. 

A banner should come up on the top, press select to confirm. 

The box will go through a reset of the network. 

When the box has a red light on the front and the tv screen blank, press the Home button to reload the box. If you are connected with an ethernet cable, the box will go through reconnecting automatically on its own. 

See how that goes. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
SuperPie
Topic Author
This message was authored by SuperPie This message was authored by: SuperPie

Hi @Lisa-P1987 ,

Followed your instructions but this did not help and now with or with out the network cable plugged in, the box does not respond. You can now not even get to watch live TV as you cannot get to the main screen, the box will reset and the Hello screen and blue screen appears but then goes to stand by and an orange light on the front appears and then nothing happens. THe Red light appears as well as if to say its reconding somthing but nothing on screen at all.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

If you go to the box and press the red light just once for it to load up the screen, does it load anything? 

You may need to pair the remote once the tv has loaded up. By pressing 1 and 3 together for 5 seconds. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
SuperPie
Topic Author
This message was authored by SuperPie This message was authored by: SuperPie Answer

@Lisa-P1987  thnaks for your help, I have jsut spoken to the sky team and over the phone and they are sending me out another box as it was still crashing after doing the reset etc on wifi as well as wired.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion