Discussion topic: Can not set DCHP to open

This message was authored by Jonty10 This message was authored by: Jonty10

Can not set DCHP to open

I have recently changed to Sky Broadband and have now lost contact with my Zosi CCTV cameras on wi fi. When I originally set them up, I had to set DCHP on the Talktalk router to "open". It seems that Sky does not allow me to change it to manual. Other than changing the router, is there any reasonably easy way round this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Can not set DCHP to open

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonty10 

I doubt it's a DHCP issue.  Typically cameras struggle with the Sky Hub broadcasting the same SSID on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

As posted by @jamesn123

So to split the two channels you need to go to your router config page which can be found by typing 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. To access the page, you'll need;

username: admin

password: sky OR your WiFi password

- Select wireless from the navigation bar and scroll down a little and untick the 'Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings'

- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit apply.

- Once the page reloads you need to go to the 5GHz wireless settings page on the sub navigation bar below where you click wireless before

- In the 5GHz section you want to go to the box called 'Name (SSID)' and add something like 5g to the end of the current name

- Scroll down and hit apply

- Then on any wireless device you should now see two networks. One network will be the same name as usual and will be 2.4GHz band and the other will be the usual name with 5G on the end (Or whatever you typed). Connect any 5GHz capable device to the 5GHz network and see if it works correctly. The WiFi password should be the same if you havent changed it.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Jonty10Are you looking to set up static IP's for the camera that you have?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Jonty10
Topic Author

Sorry not too clued up on this subject. Just want to be able to access my cameras from my Android phone and tablet through the Zosi app. Not concerned with wifi access to windows  laptop.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jonty10  You have reset the cameras to use the new wifi signals & logins?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Jonty10
Topic Author

Have tried setting the cameras up again, but it does not detect wifi signal in the setup .

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Jonty10 

I doubt it's a DHCP issue.  Typically cameras struggle with the Sky Hub broadcasting the same SSID on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

As posted by @jamesn123

So to split the two channels you need to go to your router config page which can be found by typing 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. To access the page, you'll need;

username: admin

password: sky OR your WiFi password

- Select wireless from the navigation bar and scroll down a little and untick the 'Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings'

- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit apply.

- Once the page reloads you need to go to the 5GHz wireless settings page on the sub navigation bar below where you click wireless before

- In the 5GHz section you want to go to the box called 'Name (SSID)' and add something like 5g to the end of the current name

- Scroll down and hit apply

- Then on any wireless device you should now see two networks. One network will be the same name as usual and will be 2.4GHz band and the other will be the usual name with 5G on the end (Or whatever you typed). Connect any 5GHz capable device to the 5GHz network and see if it works correctly. The WiFi password should be the same if you havent changed it.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jonty10
Topic Author

Thank you, will try that later. Note, the installation instructions for the VCR says to make sure the DCHP is set open, which is why I assume this to be the problem.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion