Discussion topic: Channels freezing.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Channels freezing.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have been watching ITV this morning and Channel 4 this afternoon.

Every now and again the picture just freezes, if i move to the next channel and back its fine again. 

The rest of the system is responsive etc. 

I have unplugged from wall and back in to try and sort this, any ideas?

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

Jayboy1990
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: Channels freezing.

To add, i dont see any error messages that there is a technical fault etc. 

The glass is hardwired to my router, and is a 200mbps line

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

This could be your internet speed are you using wireless?I been using the puck today and that been freezing and fast forwarding now again.I have a gig connection.

Sky Steam Sky Boardband and Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.
Jayboy1990
Topic Author

Just did a network test on netflix on the glass and its saying 99.56mbps

Plenty of Apple tech
Jayboy1990
Topic Author

This is not the service i am paying for, anybody know how to troubleshoot beyond a unplug and plug in. 

since iv had the glass tv its been faultless with streaming channels, but today has been dreadful. 

No isuues with internet etc. 

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

I think it's there end skys.

Sky Steam Sky Boardband and Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.
This message was authored by bdavbdav This message was authored by: bdavbdav

Speedtest is only half of the equation - Latency and bufferbloat are really important, its worth checking them (Bufferbloat test). If your latency is much more than 75-100ms, or your bufferbloat grade is bad, you're probably going to have a bad time. 

bdavbdav_0-1636561409067.png

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

@bdavbdav wrote:

Speedtest is only half of the equation - Latency and bufferbloat are really important, its worth checking them (Bufferbloat test). If your latency is much more than 75-100ms, or your bufferbloat grade is bad, you're probably going to have a bad time. 

bdavbdav_0-1636561409067.png

I have done one of these tests, please screentshot for result.

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: This test was run over wifi not ethernet!

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by bdavbdav This message was authored by: bdavbdav

Looks good to me. Sky problem!

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

@bdavbdav wrote:

Looks good to me. Sky problem!

Thats what i had assumed 😂 

But why they wont accept that this could be an issue over the phone is frustrating, they keep saying it would be more wide spread and there isnt anything they have at there disposal to troubleshoot these issues yet. 

Anybody know how to actually get Sky to acknowlege my issue and troubleshoot please?

Thanks

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

This is not the service i am paying for, anybody know how to troubleshoot beyond a unplug and plug in. 

since iv had the glass tv its been faultless with streaming channels, but today has been dreadful. 

This is the issue you're gonna have with this tv i reckon.  You can have it going along fine and new issues are just rearing their head all the time.  Can you ever sit and watch tv on it confidently without sitting worrying when the next thing's gonna hit.  It'll get to the stage where you're scared to change channels.  I know in my final days with it i was scared to turn it off cos i couldn't get it back on.

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

This is the issue you're gonna have with this tv i reckon.  You can have it going along fine and new issues are just rearing their head all the time.  Can you ever sit and watch tv on it confidently without sitting worrying when the next thing's gonna hit.  It'll get to the stage where you're scared to change channels.  I know in my final days with it i was scared to turn it off cos i couldn't get it back on.

but im talking about actually working with an advisor to troubleshoot the issue. But they dont seem to have any tools yet to look into streaming issues. 

Sugesting its probably just another faulty tv and may need a replacemnent shows how much they dont want to or even able to fix these problems. 

Its not major as i can switch up and down a channel and its ok again, but Sky should be listening and gathering details to work out whats happening. 

If an employee sees this by any chance please feel free to reach out. 

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Dave+r+robbo This message was authored by: Dave+r+robbo

I've had it too only on ITV.

got hold of sky help team on Twitter and was told to do factory reset.

still the odd freeze.

it's either sky or the way ITV stream.

I suggest we all report it to sky help team so at least they know the there is a problem

This message was authored by NathanJ85 This message was authored by: NathanJ85

I'm having the same issues,  just rang Sky and was told it was a known issue, a teething problem and they're working on it with a software update. I did complain that I'm paying full price for what he's basically told me is a trial period as he implied new tech as these issues 🙄 I did try someone else who offered to replace the tele but I refused that as watching boxsets etc works, it's just the live TV that's the problem. Very frustrating. 

This message was authored by Dave+r+robbo This message was authored by: Dave+r+robbo

Chat I had yesterday

79A910C9-6B0F-42E7-B549-0BBB8953C9E1.jpeg

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion