Discussion topic: Help & Advice re the Sky Q Mini box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Help & Advice re the Sky Q Mini box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fa+smith @jamesn123 

If you can turn the wifi on the adapters off, that would be ideal, otherwise you're adding congestion to your current wifi from the Hub

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZZDWVGN?tag=pcad03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ascsubtag=06-3490638-05-36898...

I

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
fa+smith
Topic Author
This message was authored by fa+smith This message was authored by: fa+smith

Oh wow!! not its sounding confusing with the built in wifi thing. I dont mind buying a starter pack and a single. If it helps with the problems im getting i wouldnt mind. But you've thrown a spanner in the works now mentioning built in wifi. Obviously i want the best i can get and probably TP Link.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@jamesn123 wrote:

Yeah maybe just go with these @fa+smith as they are a decent price for 3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N1HDMFR/ref=twister_B089HD3Z24?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

SOLD! @jamesn123 @fa+smith 

That is a good find for that price!

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
fa+smith
Topic Author
This message was authored by fa+smith This message was authored by: fa+smith

Can the Wifi be turned off like you mentioned on the Devolo's?

@fa+smith wrote:

Can the Wifi be turned off like you mentioned on the Devolo's?

@fa+smith 

On page 22 of the manual it states:

"In the factory default settings, the Wi-Fi setting is already enabled and the Wi-Fi encryption is set to
WPA2.

In order to switch Wi-Fi off, press and hold the Wi-Fi button longer than 3 seconds."

So I'm guessing yes.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@jamesn123 wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N1HDMFR/ref=twister_B089HD3Z24?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

AV600 is an old standard, though: it's HomePlug AV2 from 2012 with no MIMO capability.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@jamesn123 wrote:

AV600 is an old standard, though: it's HomePlug AV2 from 2012 with no MIMO capability.

Well spotted, my eyes went to the price and no further ; )

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@fa+smith 

To be honest it depends how much you want to spend. If I were you I'd use the powerline adapters as a proof of concept. Just get a set, put them in and see if it improves your situation. If it does then great you can then plan the drilling and installing direct cables to ensure your peformance isnt hindered by the powerline adapters. Once the cables are in just return the powerline adapters for a refund. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion