Discussion topic: Hi I was due to get refunded due to broadband not connect in my new home 55 was taken but 50 was not

This message was authored by Luvinia This message was authored by: Luvinia

Hi I was due to get refunded due to broadband not connect in my new home 55 was taken but 50 was not

Hi I'm due to be refunded 50e last week due to no service ...55got taken from sky but cudnt refund my 50e please can it be sorted as not paying for a service that's not connected

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Hi I was due to get refunded due to broadband not connect in my new home 55 was taken but 50 was

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Luvinia  This is a user forum, you're not speaking to Sky.  You have to phone them to discuss account details 

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Hi I was due to get refunded due to broadband not connect in my new home 55 was taken but 50 was

@Luvinia 

You don't need to call as I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear on the right handside of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Luvinia wrote:

Hi I'm due to be refunded 50e last week due to no service ...55got taken from sky but cudnt refund my 50e please can it be sorted as not paying for a service that's not connected

• As you quote your refund request in Euros does that indicate you are an ROI customer?
  • If so @caesarome's advice may not apply and you should contact Sky in the usual manner.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

@TechmanagerMal wrote:
  • If so @caesarome's advice may not apply and you should contact Sky in the usual manner.

No, my post still stands which is why I escalated it knowing that they are an Ireland based customer based on their post..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@caesarome wrote:

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

No, my post still stands which is why I escalated it knowing that they are an Ireland based customer based on their post..

• I was suggesting your advice may not apply following this post from @Mark-Br who said
  • "At this time, Community Messaging agents are UK based, but they're able to offer support to our Irish customers on a whole range of topics (not all)."
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

I was suggesting your advice may not apply following this post from @Mark-Br who said
  • "At this time, Community Messaging agents are UK based, but they're able to offer support to our Irish customers on a whole range of topics (not all)."

I'm not sure why this is so important for you to know but the not all does not apply here.

@caesarome wrote:

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

I was suggesting your advice may not apply following this post from @Mark-Br who said

I'm not sure why this is so important for you to know but the not all does not apply here.

• Its necessary to allow me to give ROI customers the correct advice, @Mark-Br must have thought so too thats why he posted the information.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

@caesarome wrote:

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

• Its necessary to allow me to give ROI customers the correct advice, @Mark-Br must have thought so too thats why he posted the information.

A post wouldn't get escalated if there was no possibility of sky being able to help via this route, and I have seen similar posts from ROI customers which have been successfully escalated with a positive result.

the not all topic point also goes for uk based customers and again a post wouldn't get escalated if there was no possibility of a positive outcome again as @caesarome  points out this is not the case in regards to this query 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Just to clear things up. For ROI customers, our community chat team can deal with pretty much anything aside for broadband and landline, we do not have the same testing system as our ROI colleagues and cannot book engineers. Everything else we can deal with, including billing queries. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

@Lisa-P1987 wrote:

Just to clear things up. For ROI customers, our community chat team can deal with pretty much anything aside for broadband and landline, we do not have the same testing system as our ROI colleagues and cannot book engineers. Everything else we can deal with, including billing queries. 

• As ever good shared knowledge from @Lisa-P1987 - freedom of information helps everyone?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion