Discussion topic: How can I get in touch regarding not meeting guaranteed download speed

This message was authored by Emmeline+G This message was authored by: Emmeline+G

How can I get in touch regarding not meeting guaranteed download speed

Hi, when I upgraded my broadband to get an improved and guaranteed download speed I was told these were proactively monitored and I would be automatically refunded if the speed dipped below the guaranteed speed for at least three consecutive days.

I took a screenshot to evidence my download speeds as they were below the guaranteed minimum for five consecutive days.  When the bill arrived no proactive discount has been given.  So I checked my Sky app for next steps.... it keeps telling me to get in touch .,. But not with who.  Is there an email address I can send my evidence too?  FYI the speed issue is now resolved.

472F66CB-0D4D-4F0F-AA2A-A00BE80A99C5.jpegADC130F6-937D-44A4-BB98-DBF9F322A90B.jpeg

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: How can I get in touch regarding not meeting guaranteed download speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emmeline+G 

You would need to contact sky to report any fault and start you claim.

150 from a landline
0333-7591-018 from any other phone

Speed guarantee

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-fibre-speed-guarantee

We'll wait for images to be moderated first

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Emmeline+G 

Ok, cleared now.  Contact sky to see if you can make retrospective claim

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Emmeline+G
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emmeline+G This message was authored by: Emmeline+G

Hi, thanks for the answer @cookiemonsteruk.  Sorrupy im new to this... are you a representative from Sky or a friendly customer?

My question was really asking how I share the screenshots with the accounts team to evidence the low speed and if there is an email account?  Or can they pick up from this thread?

As I was told this would be proactive monitoring from Sky I had to wait until the May bill landed (13th) to see if they had taken any action.  When paying for guaranteed speed really it's pretty bad to have to monitor myself and hang on understaffed phonelines to try to prise a refund from them.  Obvs if you are not representing Sky that moaning is not directed at you 🙂

@Emmeline+G 

Just a friendly customer.  Sky will have access to the same speed history as you.  So you just need to contact them

@Emmeline+G 

When did you subscribe to this package ? As the first 14 days the exchange/cabinet is training your modem to find your maximum speed. Also are you own sky essentials or superfast

@Emmeline+G 

Superfast, you must be a fair distance from your roadside cabinet. Would you mind posting your router stats to see if you are likely to recover any more speed.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Emmeline+G
Topic Author

Thanks again @cookiemonsteruk 

I got over my grumpiness and called the number.  Sky answered in 10 mins and were super helpful.  Full month refunded.  I know £30ish isn't a fortune but it all adds up!  Apparently if the connection is totally dead the system picks up the refund automatically but if it's slow for 3+ days you have to call to obtain the refund.48C0D5A3-4C6A-43A4-99DB-E4517FAA0950.jpeg

Openreach have already been out and switched me to another line between our road and the larger connection box and that put the speed up to 39mb/s pretty consistently so all good now.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion