Discussion topic: Mini q boxes as boosters?

This message was authored by Clancarpentry This message was authored by: Clancarpentry

Mini q boxes as boosters?

Hi hoping for answers on this. I've got sky broadband with a mini box upstairs to go with the main box which is next to the router. The problem I have is when I go outside the signal drops a lot. I've just had to move my office into an office in the garden and wanted to know if I bought another mini box would this act as a booster and hot spot as there's no way to hardwire it, there is also a booster between the lounge and dining room to help with the signal outside.

Thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Mini q boxes as boosters?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Clancarpentry 

WiFi isnt guaranteed anywhere, especially out of the main walls of your house. Adding another mini box wont work if you dont have a wire run because it wont be able to establish the WiFi singal in the first place.

You'll either need to get an ethernet cable run from the main house or look at powerline adapters however these may not work if your garden office is connected to a different electrical ring main. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion