Discussion topic: New Broadband customer And router

This message was authored by yunghup This message was authored by: yunghup

New Broadband customer And router

Hi folks. Am about to become Sky BB user. I have numerous wireless devices in house already set up with my current BB supplier's router/hub. When I change over, is there any reason why I shouldn't rename the Sky hub to the same name and password as my old router from Talktalk? Anything for an easy life!!

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: New Broadband customer And router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@yunghupSimple enough to do. Just connect it up via Ethernet and do the changes that way. Thus when they are done you should see all of your Wi-Fi devices connect then you will know it has been done right.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@yunghupEasy way to do that is to disconnect your old router on the day of activation  when your service has gone live wait until the Sky router has updated and connected properly to the internet. Then login on the router and change the SSID of the Sky router to what you had the old router at, devices should reconnet without issue.

But if you have any issues with devices then a simple forget network and re-boot should solve that issue.

yunghup
Topic Author
This message was authored by yunghup This message was authored by: yunghup

Great. Thanks. I suspected this would be the case......in theory at least. I will try it when I get the kit. Should be straightforward - famous last words!!😖😖😖😖😖😖

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@yunghupSimple enough to do. Just connect it up via Ethernet and do the changes that way. Thus when they are done you should see all of your Wi-Fi devices connect then you will know it has been done right.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion