Discussion topic: No sky q tv for 2 days

This message was authored by KayJohn This message was authored by: KayJohn

No sky q tv for 2 days

Can someone from sky tv please call us to help get our sky q tv working again. We have had no tv working for 2 days. I've called and called and can't get through and I get messages from a virtual assistant which is just useless. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No sky q tv for 2 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KayJohn 
In case you aren’t aware, you aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is primarily a forum for customers to help other customers. There will be no automatic contact from Sky as a result of your post on here.

What is happening when you use your Sky Q box?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
KayJohn
Topic Author
This message was authored by KayJohn This message was authored by: KayJohn

Network connectivity issues. Ongoing issue between sky q and sky mini boxes. 

I've called numerous times and was directed to visit the forum to get answers. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@KayJohn  Have you powered down both the main Q box & Mini, then power back up the main box first, once fully up  running do the same with the mini.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@KayJohn wrote:

Network connectivity issues. Ongoing issue between sky q and sky mini boxes. 

I've called numerous times and was directed to visit the forum to get answers. 

Hi @KayJohn 

Have you tried rebooting all devices starting with the Router.

Disconnect the power lead for the router and then wait 30 secs and reconnect.

When the router is completely back up and running reboot the main Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

When the main box is completely back up and running reboot the minis in a similar fashion to the main box.

This message was authored by DipDipDipam This message was authored by: DipDipDipam

As with any automated telephone service, just press the # key when it asks you to select an option. Eventually it gives up and puts you through to someone.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sky q 2tb HDR, ultrafast 150mb, 4 mini boxes, Asus Zenwifi xt8 mesh WiFi x 2
Full sky package except kids & bt sport
Samsung 65" QLED TV with 6500k CRI 98 bias lighting and blackout blinds, Denon X3600h AVR, Dali Oberon 7 floor standing speakers, vokal centre speaker, Oberon on the wall rear speakers, c1 Atmos speakers, e12f subwoofer, Panasonic DPUB820 4k blu ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, Atacama Evo hifi rack and about £1000 worth of cables to go with it all

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion