Discussion topic: Over payment

This message was authored by Richy+29 This message was authored by: Richy+29

Over payment

I had payed a late bill 2 days late and I then used my credit card but was charged twice amount of £107 I was then refunded one payment of £107 but not the other amount and now I have been told my account is In arrears and will be charged £10 late payment fee not happy 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Over payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richy+29 

Give Sky a call.

If you have a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk landline phone then you can call Sky for free via the 150 number. Or under "Need more help ?" at the bottom this page is the number to call, it might take a few seconds to appear, if you are in Ireland make sure the flag in the bottom right is changed to the ROI so you see an 0818 number:

https://www.sky.com/help

Just ignore the messages at the start of the call and remain on the line for as long as you can and don't hang up when asked to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Richy+29
Topic Author

I had done this and was told my bill would be amended asap but clearly not as it still sending me emails telling me my account is overdue and will be charged £10 late payment fee 

Have you looked at your future bills to see what they show ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Richy+29
Topic Author

Yes July bill is £192 but I pay £75 pm 

When did you call Sky and when is that July bill due to be paid ?

Richy+29
Topic Author

I called sky 5 times this week and the bill is due 11th July 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - spoken to Richy+29, discussed various billing topics and where to find an offer for kids 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Richy+29
Topic Author

I was contacted by see the light part of sky package that I had when lived in a flat told I was moving and wanted the same lackeage moved out in may charged until June for the sum of £111 ? I told moving team to keep the same package and was assure that would happen to then realise it's not ? Can some one explain what is going on sky taken total of almost £230 in one month NOT PAYING 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Did you not ask the adviser during the online chat you had?

Richy+29
Topic Author

Yes I told him I was moving house and wanted the same package but had to sign a new contract to move home with lower broadband speed as the address does not support see the light speeds so I have been scammed In a way. When I joined I told the lady I only had a six month contract and was told when I move address I would get the same package I signed up for 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Yes, you've told us that, but did you not ask the adviser why you were being billed for the amounts you mentioned? The adviser had access to your account and billing details during your chat session and would have beej able to explain. If so, what did they say? We customers here don't have access to your records.

Richy+29
Topic Author

Yes I was told I'd be charged extra due to moving address that's all and now I have two separate accounts for broadband with the same company 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion