Discussion topic: Plugged in router and internet not connecting

This message was authored by Iseileen This message was authored by: Iseileen

Plugged in router and internet not connecting

Hello!

I just moved house and my broadband was activated yesterday. Have gone to plug in the router and get set up but the internet isn't working. 

Using a phone socket with one port and have followed all instructions to connect the micro filter and necessary cables. 

The internet light doesn't even flash any colours - it's just blank! If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. Have left it for over an hour as recommended and still nothing. 

Cheers. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Plugged in router and internet not connecting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Iseileen 

Possible failed activation. You will need to contact sky on 150 from a landline
0333-7591-018 from any other phone

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Iseileen
Topic Author

Thanks for the quick reply! I've tried calling Sky but keeping getting an automated message saying they have essential maintenance work on atm which means they can't take calls! And then the phone hangs up. 

Not very useful at all but will have to just keep trying until they're back up and running. 

Cheers

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cookiemonsteruk  Question I would ask is, does the customer have a dial tone and able to make calls.

@IseileenDo you have a dial tone in the socket if you pick up the phone? If there is none do you have another way of calling Sky to report this?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Iseileen
Topic Author

Thanks - not got a landline so can't test for dial tone. Every number I try for Sky results in the same message. If anyone knows a number that will get me through to someone please do share! 

Iseileen
Topic Author

UPDATE: spoke to someone from Sky and was told there is an external issue that Openreach needs to sort out. Should have wifi once this is done next week. 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion