Discussion topic: Refused comp

This message was authored by BASINGSTOKE1 This message was authored by: BASINGSTOKE1

Refused comp

Got  bt sport   .   Sat down to watch game   Norwich v villa .  Before game to hear presenters . Greeted by  service not available.  Tried  again  ,  rebooted . Reset.  Still not on . Missed start and 25  mins of the game .  Spent 55 mins getting through to sky TV  .    Got a unreasonable, uninterested   service  guy . Refused compensation .. it spoilt my evening . Thanks sky    vip  13  years . New contract  april  2022.    Worth  8 quid to placate  would be nice .

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Refused comp

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BASINGSTOKE1 wrote:

Sky  can identify  us don't you worry . Hello sky.     Did you see this post . 

No they can't, your forum account is not linked to your Sky account due to DPA.  You need to either call them or raise a complaint, nothing will be done on the back of your post.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author
This message was authored by BASINGSTOKE1 This message was authored by: BASINGSTOKE1

Was   promised manager call next day ,  it never occurred.  Bad customer service .

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@BASINGSTOKE1 - not sure where you plucked the figure of £8 compensation from - if you get anything it is most likely to be a daily prorata of your monthly BT subscription - in all likelyhood just under £1
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@BASINGSTOKE1  You're not talking to Sky, we are all customers gere and no one will call you in response to a forum post.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

They read this I'm told .   They make fuss over collecting subs .  Tight lot .    So I'd settle fir a pound credit next bill .  I've become like them .. or I might dump  sky sports  , bt sports .

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@BASINGSTOKE1 wrote:

They read this I'm told .   They make fuss over collecting subs .  Tight lot .    So I'd settle fir a pound credit next bill .  I've become like them .. or I might dump  sky sports  , bt sports .

They may well read it but they won't know who you are or your account details.

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

A  55 min  phone call 1

Rude staff 2

Missed 25 mins of game .  Spoilt whole game .3

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

If you miss a whole day's service they offer  8 pounds credit.. Read   the  minute notes

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@BASINGSTOKE1 wrote:

No they can't, your forum account is not linked to your Sky account due to DPA.  You need to either call them or raise a complaint, nothing will be done on the back of your post.  

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

They offer the Grange free for Xmas  to vip  s .  But how do you get it . I can't find it.  I don't work for nasa  or assange

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@BASINGSTOKE1 - you may be correct with the £8 compensation if you miss a whole day's service. However you only stated you lost 55 minutes of BT Sports - not a whole day and not your whole service. Read the minute print correctly
BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

Offered not grange it's  Gringe

BASINGSTOKE1
Topic Author

FB_IMG_1639736754430.jpg

This message was authored by Morgan+McDonnell This message was authored by: Morgan+McDonnell

Not sure that missing 25 minutes of a relegation battle will be considered by Sky as being worthy of compensation.

In that time did you consider trying alternative methods of watching? Actually your rant is probably more entertaining than the match 😂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion