Discussion topic: SKY Q won't connect to SKY router .

This message was authored by 79forest80 This message was authored by: 79forest80

SKY Q won't connect to SKY router .

My SKY Q  won't connect to the router since a did a re-boot of the router earlier whilst experiencing connection problems , WPS doesn't do anything and also tried manually entering password and it still won't work , tried turning power off etc but nothing absolutely driving me mad now , went to phone for assistance and it said the wait time was over an hour ! Absolute **bleep** take ! SKY quick enough to take your money but not too keen on giving any help , i'll be cancelling as soon as my contract is up as i've had enough of ZERO customer service !

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: SKY Q won't connect to SKY router .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@79forest80 wrote:

My SKY Q  won't connect to the router since a did a re-boot of the router earlier whilst experiencing connection problems , WPS doesn't do anything and also tried manually entering password and it still won't work , tried turning power off etc but nothing absolutely driving me mad now , went to phone for assistance and it said the wait time was over an hour ! Absolute **bleep** take ! SKY quick enough to take your money but not too keen on giving any help , i'll be cancelling as soon as my contract is up as i've had enough of ZERO customer service !

Hi @79forest80 

Assume you are carrying out a Network reset on the main Q box?

Network Reset found in Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to Sky Q router.

You will be asked to press the WPS button on the Q router (not on the Q box as the Network reset will automatically start WPS on that)

79forest80
Topic Author
This message was authored by 79forest80 This message was authored by: 79forest80

When i go to network i don't even get the option of highlight status to select , it just goes to connect to broadband option and then the wps doesn't work when i try it.

79forest80
Topic Author

There is no wps button on my sky q router , i've only got one on the sky q box.

79forest80
Topic Author

Need to get my eyes checked i couldn't see the bloody wps button on the router ! my son did it straight away , all sorted😂

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@79forest80 wrote:

When i go to network i don't even get the option of highlight status to select , it just goes to connect to broadband option and then the wps doesn't work when i try it.

Hi @79forest80 

Edited my post as you now are sorted

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion